Help with WW Barb Gear!

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Help with WW Barb Gear!

Priority: Mana/Life Leech
Priority 2: Magic Find

Hoping that he can do Hell Pits without much problem.

His weapon will be Tomb Reaver. The rest I dunno.

damaris

Diabloii.Net Member
err.. try this,
helm: arreats face
amulet: angelic wings (combined with the ring, you'll have tons of AR)
ring one: ravenfrost (CBF)
ring two: angelic halo
armor: what?!? you've got enigma?? lucky you
belt: glooms trap (mana leech)
gloves: laying hands (more +% dmg to demons, improve your killing speed, can be swap with chance guards)
boots: gore rider (CB, DS, OW)

and lots of mf charms :)

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking...

Helm: Arreat's Face
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Ring: Ravenfrost/AngelicHalo
Armor: Skullder's Ire
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride
Boots: WT
Gloves: Chance Guards

But this way, my resists will suck. Does it matter? I dunno, is that enough mana leech to sustain WW? I really don't know! Argh! :grrr:

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's what I use on mine (MFing the pits, so resists don't matter much, but there are all positive)

Tomb Reaver
PTopaz Stealskull
PTopaz Skullder's
Angelic Halo / Wings
Ravenfrost
Chance Guards
War Travs
String of Ears

For the record, I blatantly copied LprMan's gear setup. I find it to be pretty effective though.

You need some mana leech, but that's about it. You're doing tons of damage per whirl. However, I don't think your proposed setup (SeD) has any. Unless I'm missing something. You should EASILY have positive (if small) resists in Hell with Arreat's + Natural Resists + 3x Anya quests. Add a Tomb Reaver and your resists should really be perfectly fine. Especially on a character with tons of life.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
But this way, my resists will suck. Does it matter? I dunno, is that enough mana leech to sustain WW? I really don't know! Argh! :grrr:
Try it out

For the pits you don't need much resistances, most damage dealt by monsters is physical there.

A alternative set with more leach/resistances could be Tals helm/armor/belt (at the cost of a few skill points).

Randall

EDIT: @Gohanman: The Wilhelm's Pride has 5% dual leach
EDIT2: Damn, I forgot the dual leach/mf on steelskull. Yep good alternative as well.

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
I was thinking...

Helm: Arreat's Face
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Ring: Ravenfrost/AngelicHalo
Armor: Skullder's Ire
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride
Boots: WT
Gloves: Chance Guards

Well your resists will not suck so much. Assuming that you have all resist quests and 1 point in natural resist your resist will be, with BC on:

- 30 quests
- 30-50 tomb reaver
- 30 arreats
- 40 natural resist (lvl 5 with gear and BC)
- -100 hell
---------------------------------------------
- 60-80

About the leech I think massive tomb reaver damage with about 5 mana leech would be enough.

AR wont be an issue on the pits once you get to lvl 80+, then you can switch angelic combo for some ar gc or even better sharp gcs. Use the amu and ring slots to your feelings, maybe some mf, maybe some res...

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there any way you might go without the angelic ammy/ring?

Things that might be worth thinking about...
Lavagout- IAS, ctc Enchant (needs backup attack to activate?)
Metalgrid- AR + resist
Seraph's Hymn- +2skills boosts your passive bonuses (including resist, AR and damage), and has AR vs demon/undead
Crescent Moon amulet- all mana problems solved
Battle Cry skill- Reduces def, works against bosses I think...
Eth and Gul runes- self explanatory
Tal's Guardianship- ** MF and 40 res all
Blessed Aim or Rogue merc- It's not like barbs desperately need the other auras anyway.