Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with skelemancer build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tengu, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Help with skelemancer build

As my new bonemancer is now reaching lvl 79, i have already started planning my next char : a skelemancer :D

I've seen so many skelemancers in the baalruns and everywhere, that i just had to make myself a ready build, so that someday i can start playing 'im right away. After reading through the Skellimancer Bible and the Encyclopedia Necromantica, i came out with the following build:

20 raise skeleton & 20 skele mastery,
    1 cg,1 gm,1 sr,1 magi,1 revive,1 bg,1 ig
    1 teeth, 10 ce,1 pd,1 pe, 20 poison nova
    16 amp, 6 dim, 1 weaken, 1 terror, 6 decrepify.

Any opinions on this build? Would it work in hell diff?
    And am i doing something horribly wrong??

Based on my experiences this should be quite a good build (at least for my play style), but hey, Im the n00b starter and you are the l33t veterans..

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

16amp is way too much. 1 should be good. you could always plunk those extra 15 into a synergy for pn.

g

:howdy:

3. kasten

kasten IncGamers Member

Im a big fan of attract. Cast attract, all monsters attach that one instead of your skellies. Attract cant be overwritten so amp everything else. Now your skellies are hitting amped mobs that are attacking another monster.

I wouldnt put any points into BG, IG, or Revive though. Id save those for attract. And Id consentrate more on synergies for PNova as it wont do much dmg without them.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

with a few +to skills 1 point into any curse is more than enough IMO. As g said, pump up the synergies to poison nova. That gives you a way to create the first corpse w/o a merc, and something to deal with those PI/Stone Skins.

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

agreed, 1 in each curse is good. I have 10 after +skills (and I could do with better equipment too!)

Current setup, Peasant Crown, +1 ammy (blue), Gravenspine, Homunculus, viper, Frostburns, rare resist ring and dwarf star, string (yeah yeah, it was that or goldwrap...), marrowalks, no +skills charms.

6. Necrochild313

Your just a few runes and a pgem from that being the better choice :p

7. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

I am lvl 56 now and I just put 1 or 2 more points into my amp just for the radius. I thought about doing decrepify, but I only use that now on super bosses or in panic mode on mobs followed by CE. I put one point in my bone skills too to try them out and they aren't quite usefull for a skelimancer that I have seen yet. Still have to get poison nova though and try that.

8. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Curious...are Marrowalks expensive to trade for? I'm about to start on my necr, and I have all his gear set except for marrow's and I have no clue as to what I should even offer for them.

Likewise with Boneshade wand...is Leoric's a fair trade?

I know this isn't the trade forums...but my questions are Necromancer related. :)

-X

9. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Since it seems that you are thinking about the Poison route here's my build:

PD-20
    PE-20
    PN-20
    Teeth-1
    CE-1
    SM-1
    RS-20
    Gumby-1
    GM-1
    SR-1
    AD-1
    DV-1
    Weaken-1
    IM-1
    Terror-1
    LT-1
    Decrepify-1
    LR-1 *Maybe get it to 60%

With + skills all my curses are at 10

I'm at 83 now, going to put rest of my points into SM

--------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, go with a OverLord *which is my new one I'm working on now.

Hos

10. Necrochild313

errr....they aren't "trade me for my m4d IDAMZ" so i'll let it fly.

Hmmm...marrows in general can be expensive, though i don't know why considering most people don't know about the whole synergy ordeal. They only have 20% frw.

It's rather silly but boneshades trade pretty high as well depending on their +skills, but you could make a better white wand with dol and io, and a 2 socket wand with nice +skills.

11. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I'm rather keen on Boneshade because of the really good +skills to the Poison Bone tree...it's the equivelant of a Leoric's for Summoners.

I can't get onto the trade forums to even see what people want for marrow's and Boneshade...I signed up, and I have yet to get a reply to activate my account. I tell you...things are really falling apart around here...lol.

-X

12. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Wow i just got back home to my computer and look how many replies i've got :D

So less points into curses and more into poison synergies, huh? I am not building a poison necro as described in the encyclopedis, im making mine a bit different :p

I still think im going to invest some points into corpse explosion, because i like using it so much :cool:

But im just going to descent back into the darkness from whence i came, rethink my plans and then see how it'll go.

Thanks for all the help :D .