Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP with PvP Widowmaker Sorc or Pala

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by RockMeAmadeus, Mar 30, 2004.

1. RockMeAmadeus

RockMeAmadeus IncGamers Member

HELP with PvP Widowmaker Sorc or Pala

I have been toying around with the idea of making a PvP character using the Widowmaker unique bow. I am sure there are some out there. I am undecided between using a paladin or sorceress. So, I am hoping for some constructive input.

Possible Paladin ideas:

1) Using Guided Arrow as main attack with Holy Shock. Maxing appropriate synergies for damage add. Though not as powerful Holy Fire or Holy Freeze is another possibilty.

2) Using Guided Arrow along with FoH. Maxing appropriate synergies for damage. I am not sure if GA damage will be feasible with this set up.

3) Using Guided Arrow along with Fanaticsim.

With all the above would like to have a tertiary attack. Most likely Smite.

Possible Sorceress ideas:

1) Typical enchantress with max warmth/enchant/fire mastery. Will add some decent damage for GA. Spend rest in support skills.

2) Above build but also maxing Thunderstorm and Lightning Mastery for another source of damage. Would give her physical/fire/lightning damage. No points really for support skills with this build.

3) Using GA along with max hydra/FM and thunderstorm/LM. Would allow for points in support skills. Could even max enchant for some additional damage add. My concern here is I do not have any experience with hydra in Pvp so I am not sure how effective it is.

Lightning and fire mastery would augment any lightning and/or fire charms I have in inventory as well.

I appreciate any input/ideas/flames regarding these builds. Thanks.

2. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Paladin good

Sorc Ranger is really a joke

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

The only bonus of using a bowasorc over bowadin is that sorcs can teleport without using enigma. I've seen at least one sorc in a pk game with the ward bow, and a barb ran her down and ww'd her. without an ias boost in fanat or even bos, it seems like you would have to make a lot of sacrifices in gear in order to have a more effective firing rate.

One thing you haven't mentioned is the possibility of using the ward bow on an assassin. I know this is the pally forum, but imo widowmaker for pvp works best on assassins. BoS adds a lot of ias, and you can run really fast, along with fade against elementalists. You can even consider venom, which has the poison over .4 second killer stat. Shadowmaster is also probably the most powerful summon in the game.
    *You also talked about secondary skills and the possibility of using hydra on sorc, or foh on pally. With widowmaker assassin, you can use lightning sentries which are proven to be effective in pvp, and shouldn't be too hard to use, if you haven't already.

4. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze in non-enigma duels might be good. They'll never be able to catch up to you, allowing you to prick away with the GA with impunity.

5. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Ranger/Trapper is already one of the most lethal build in Ladder already.

There was a Asia 3 Pal vs Asn Tournament last month...

Ranger/Trapper won alot games....

Venom/Open Wound/MindBlast/Light Sentry

thats like Stun, Poison , Light and Physical dmg all in a package, cant build that t.t

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Pally over sorc. I use widow maker now. It is a very felexable weapon. Giving me the option to go with eather magic damage with no need off using arrows or shooting around corners. In player vs player I have used it to beat alot of my friends online. I even killed a friend of mines necro after I got them to stop using bp. I could easy belive that a assassin would do wonders with that bow as well. But I am a pure pally player now. Since half of my clan are vets with other classes, and are taking over for teaching the other half.