Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with PvP FC strategies - The minions -

Discussion in 'Druid' started by -Ferro-, Mar 1, 2004.

1. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Help with PvP FC strategies - The minions -

Hi all you furries!

leveling my FC bear up, lvl 78 atm,...3 synergies maxed, still thinking if maxinf the 4rth or get more life. Since im in ladder and is not that easy to get nice vita/resist/ar charms, may be I split the points distribution, one in lycanthropy, one in volcano...what do u think?

To the point. Leaving appart the life thing, ive been thinking in the usage a FC bear can make of the ravens & wolves. Does it worths something having 5 ravens and 5 wolves messing around to force block opponents (thinking in wind druids mainly, or amas, sins...). You know, the old style, dont know if it woths in 1.10 tho. Any experienced dueler have tried this stile?

Thnx for feedback!

fer

2. Shuusei

Shuusei IncGamers Member

I find wolves and ravens to be highly useful. Many opponents have been annoyed at being stalled by being forced to block by a raven. The wolves, in my experience, haven't been good for the block animation aspect, but rather for defensive purposes. When dueling WW barbs or Zealadins, my wolves absorb 5 hits that otherwise would've been directed at me causing me to essentially get a free hit or two before all of the attacks are directed at me. The wolves are also good when dueling bad FoH paladins, the ones who don't actually aim, but just click on the same screen, which, with wolves, usually hits one of them rather than me. There's my thoughts on the subject at least.

3. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Hi Ferro!

In my experience, a the strategy of an FC Bear, is to kill the opponent as quickly as possible. That means get damage before anything else!!
    If you're good enough, you can have 4 FPA with about 15-20K damage, which should kill most opponents very quickly.
    An FC Bear duel shouldn't be standing and trading hits for an endless ammount of them, but strike hard and fast.
    Furthermore, I don't find Spirit Wolves and Ravens very effective in this type of duel. (Heck, not even in regular WW vs. WW duels. They just aren't that good anymore, IMO)
    I'd rather have those two points in a synergi. Remember, that you probably will have lvl 20ish Lycantrophy, because of all your +Shape Shifting skills, so your life won't be that bad anyway.

Best wishes for your FC bear.

4. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

I was thinking mainly in how to aproach "rangers", speacially wind druids and trappers...They are not stupid and when see a huge bear coming up just cast (traps or tornados) and move away, they run run...I wonder how valueable is 15k damage if i cant reach them. Even if they stand and cast, im done b4 i do my deathly hit. So I was thinking since minions can cause block and make them unable to cast , at least, as many traps/tornados as they wish. I know they (minions) will die in one hit, so its the trick thing recasting fast and when i see a gap beteen all the casted stuff, I go and fireclay away. Also thinking in comining this with some eventual shockwave, for this purpose.

Any experienced dueler tried this?

Thnx Strid for ur answer!

5. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

In my experience, you need a healthy ammount of run/walk. The normal melee vs. other melee equipment doesn't cut it for duelling ranged characters.
    In these cases, its often a good idea to sacrifice damage for run/walk speed. Most sorceresses/paladins/etc don't have crazy life, even though some seem to be extremely tough... :teeth: I don't know if you can afford an Enigma armor, but I think that its a really great armor for the high ammount of run/walk. 5% run/walk Small Charms are your friend aswell. Aldur's Boots workk wonders aswell. I'd say about 150% should be a fair ammount, depending on league restrictions, lag and such. Remember, that if your opponent doesn't have a blockable attack, then you can use a range 5 weapon, if you have trouble hitting. Range 5 seems to reach really far, IMO! :)

Back to you post. The only cases where I do find SW useful is actually FoH'ers. But really, I'd rather palce those skillpoints another place.
    I only have like 3-4 Skill charms with life, and rest of my life comes from Vitality and charms/equipment. Personally, I don't think I'm doing that bad. I don't even have an Annihilus! :)

I don't think recasting minions is worth the effort. They don't really blocklock, and people duelling a FC bear, shouldn't really be using a shield anyway, since FC = Unblockable. And even if they do use a shield (many people still do, for some reason) they don't get blocklocked that bad.

Using Shockwave sounds interesting. If you have a weapon switch with like Wizardspike/Suicide Banch/HotO Flail on it and additional 10% on a ring/amulet or even shield, then I think it might work. You'll reach the 99% FCR mark with Magefist (20%), Arachnid Mes (20%), Wizardspike (50%) and something else (10%+). I don't know how this would work, but I know that my Shockbear isn't that great in 1.10 as compared to 1.09. but it would be fun to try out!

Ok, I'm out!! :)

6. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Thnx again,

before you go, whats ur Bears life? how much stregh/dex/vita/vlevel he has? Any extra skillpoint in lyc/Wb, or all into synergies?

Sorry for calling you back, but i really like your avatar all over the others :p

Fer

7. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

He has/had (he's pretty much stripped to favor my Rabies/Fury WW right now) about 4000ish life (give or take a couple of hundreds) and All points (except prequisite points were put in Synergies. I managed to get the damage to about 14K with full resists. Base strength was really low, which was a pain, because I couldn't pick up my body without switching to alternate gear with +str. With Jalal's and Enigma and Stormshield, you don't really need much Str. I had enough dex to block at level 80. I was using dual Ravenfrosts, so I could keep this low aswell. (And the +AR was really great, aswell as the Cold Absorb worked wonders against certain casters.).

Oh, and try to get atleast 10K AR. I used AR/Life SCs, beside my Shapeshifting GC's, but they are kind of hard to find, and some people want a great deal of items for them. o_O

Dunno really what to say more... Oh, use Facet jewels, they are nice!! :fish:

Oh, so you only like me because of my 'tar?! HOW RUDE!!! :teeth: