Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help with my ww druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by timjcrist, Oct 19, 2006.

1. timjcrist

timjcrist Diabloii.Net Member

help with my ww druid

Hey guys, I was hoping for some help on my druid, and most of the guides look outdated so please drop off some advice. I’m going for werewolf and planning on maxing feral rage, lycanthropy, fury. Right now I have 1 point in oak sage, I don’t know if I want that or HOW. Leaning towards HOW because ill have so much life with lycanthropy maxed. I don’t think I want to go with rabies never liked that power so much. So some questions:
    1) is maxing werewolf worth it?
    2) are pets worth it wolfs, vine, or bear?
    3) any suggestions?

Thanks
    Tim

2. TheBassman

TheBassman Diabloii.Net Member

1)Yes.
    2)1 point in ravens and spirit wolves is enough for meat shields.
    3)If this is PvM go for HoW if you think your life is high enough, for PvP max oak.

3. timjcrist

timjcrist Diabloii.Net Member

This is PVM,sorry forgot to mention that.

4. Osmium

Osmium Diabloii.Net Member

i have a 99 lvl pvm build with werewolf,lycantrophy,fury,oak and carrion vine maxed.....rest in prereqs and,i believe i had 8 points left.....which go on how for an ocasional pvp-ing,also i don't think feral is worth it.......items leech is more important,and you would not have too many long fights,and if u have the spirit will help on that........also,i don't think the minions are worth it,not even a single point.......

5. Kirah

Kirah Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the wild, wild World of Wolves Tim!!!

I did the party wolf build (maxxed fury, lycanthropy, oak sage and then put a lot of points into bear (10), feral rage (10) and werewolf (10) ). One point wonders included carrion vine, ravens, wolves (prereqs), cyclone armor. The reason why this is a party 'friendly' type of wolf is that I went for 1 handed / ss. The whole idea was that I was supposed to hold the line with bear and another melee party member (our resident barb) while the spell casters (two sorcs & a bone/poison necro) in the rear fired off all their heavy artillery. The oak sage was to benefit them in case something got past our front line and they got wacked. The barb's BO also helped to ensure that our normally glass-like casters were sufficiently buffed so they could take a hit or two.
    The feral rage was useful to concentrate attacks on a boss and also to increase run speed to allow me to run around and prevent any monsters from attacking our casters more than once. The bear was useful for those times when we needed another melee monster or I could recast "teleport" the bear onto a spell caster that was getting hammered so that the monsters could focus on the bear instead of the wounded sorc or necro.
    Basically, I'd prebuff at the waypoint by having the barb do his shouts, then I'd summon my 'zoo', and away we'd go! After killing a few things and having the necro revive the monsters, we'd be a huge party running around destroying everything in sight. It was a blast!
    The party wolf did ok in uber trist but all the druid summons don't last very long in uber trist. The bear proved useful for blocking monsters from killing any party members but lasted only a few second before getting smashed. So while fighting, I'd try to keep an eye on the other party members and then summon the bear on those that were in the most trouble. The ravens were useful to blind things while the necro's minions and the barb shouting and the necro spamming terror kept the uber minions away for the most part. This allowed the barb and I to go toe to toe with the first uber and smash him (the barb had massive crusing blow (over 60%) and I had 25% CB / 25% open / CTA life tap).
    The battle went fairly well. Just don't wake more than one uber at a time if at all possible. When we killed mephisto, somehow Baal & Diablo woke up and that was messy. We didn't die, but there was a lot of cursing and potion using as our party had to split into two groups to take on each uber.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

6. Osmium

Osmium Diabloii.Net Member

if u have a summon-fury hybrid,there are 2 problems:
    1) the summons don't kast long and you have good fury dmg
    2)the summons last longer and you have decent fury dmg

the thing is that you should decide wether you want meat shields=>in that case pump those wolves or grizly,or fury damage........in that case pump ww,fury and lych(for life)........Kirah,your build needs a bit of skill to master.....but it think it's very fun