help with my scewed up T/V plz

rikkitan

Banned
help with my scewed up T/V plz

I build a pure foher, without my fohstick I do over 6 k foh dam and smite was an afterthought because I dont like foh only. I am lev 82, want to level to 86 or 87, I am using grief. I currently have 3 in smite, 11 in fana and and 13 in HS. My grief dam shows 2k. Using my future 4 or 5 skill points, what skill placement would maximize my smite? All fana or split them up somehow? Tnx

I build a pure foher, without my fohstick I do over 6 k foh dam and smite was an afterthought because I dont like foh only. I am lev 82, want to level to 86 or 87, I am using grief. I currently have 3 in smite, 11 in fana and and 13 in HS. My grief dam shows 2k. Using my future 4 or 5 skill points, what skill placement would maximize my smite? All fana or split them up somehow? Tnx
Holy shield all the way. smite doesnt need points to be effective, and the smite damage will be boosted by the holy shield, as will your defense and chance to block, plus those benefit you when you stay back and FoH anyways.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy shield all the way. smite doesnt need points to be effective, and the smite damage will be boosted by the holy shield, as will your defense and chance to block, plus those benefit you when you stay back and FoH anyways.
No, max fana first. It is a must, them smite and holy shield last. (usually 1pt).

Smite > HS because with grief, smite adds more dmg. HS won't save a lot of dex and the increase in defense is insignificant especially with a enigma using T/V.

rikkitan

Banned
By the way, what would you consider an ideal gear set up for a T/V for the pubs? I am thinking:
Griff (adds 1 k foh) or ber shako or ber ber coa?
enig
grief ba
hilords (2 skill str/dex pally ammy?)
upped hoz ber
dracs
verds
tri resist boots
What do you think?

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
By the way, what would you consider an ideal gear set up for a T/V for the pubs? I am thinking:
Griff (adds 1 k foh) or ber shako or ber ber coa?
enig
grief ba
hilords (2 skill str/dex pally ammy?)
upped hoz ber
dracs
verds
tri resist boots
What do you think?
Equip really depends on the situation, either you're duelign melee or caster or pubs (which means melee + caster). I'll rank the equip in that same order, melee, caster, both.

helm: coa berber, griff, shako
armour: enigma, enigma, enigma
weapon: grief ba for ww, pb for slow using characters, ba for caster + pubs
ammy: highlords, highlords, highlords
shield: hoz, spirit ST, hoz
glove: dracs, dracs, dracs
belt: dungo, arach, dungo
boots: gore, tri resist, tri resist

Melee, aim for a good DR (50% as close as possible) and use grief ba unless you're dueling someone that slows your attack.

Caster, I aim for 75% FCR and I mix charge with some good teles.