Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help with my pvp pub sorc

Discussion in 'PvP' started by krajoz, Oct 24, 2006.

1. krajoz

krajoz IncGamers Member

help with my pvp pub sorc

currently im in the process of creating a fb pvp sorc directed for pub duels. my gear is as follows

shako(not sure wat to socket with)
    24 maras
    arachnids
    magefists
    low treks
    coh ap
    perf fire educhas 5/5 faceted
    35fc spirit
    and 2bocta on the switch
    anni/storch

for the skills and stat points i planned on investing 16pts in telekinesis and 1pt in ES. with my skills i think i should be around 72%absorb. the rest of the skills are devoted to the fire skill tree. as for vit/energy i was thinking to invest points so with bo i would have about a 3:2 mana to life ratio(not sure wat thatll end up being. my budget isnt that great so fire gc lifers are out of the question but i intend to buy 9 single mods.

id just like some tips and suggestions with my gear/skill/stats and was wondering if a 3:2 life ratio is a good choice with my ES setup. any and all suggestions/critisims are appreciated. thanks

2. mumba

mumba Banned

You seem to be lacking in the fcr department there. Ideally u want to hit the 200 breakpoint, but if not at least 125. If i calculated it right u only have 115 right now. The least that u can do is to get a rare fcr ring to get u over the 125 hump, which if u ask around, many pple will say that its 200 or bust.

3. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

FCR brakpoints for fire sorcs are 105 and 200.

As far as comments are concerned I would rather have experienced sorc players elaborate here rather than me :wink3:

Mike

4. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

The breakpoints are, brakpoints are just find as they are :)

5. moonlike

moonlike Banned

200fcr gives alot fun but is not worth life/mana u lose (compered to 105)

6. krajoz

krajoz IncGamers Member

i think ive hit the 105fcr bp exactly wit my listed gear. should i have not upped telekinesis but rather ES?

7. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

no, telekinesis is good, it reduces the amout of mana you lose when you take dmg.

I am not sure (again, no experience with pvp sorcs) but if it is a cheap build life/max block could be better, pump dex with whitstan's shield and rest vita, fb is a good choice and no es would mean more dmg as well. Block is essential vs melee such as bvcs whereas vita is said to be superior in sorc vs sorc.

With es also remember that there are things that go pass es such as open wounds or poison dmg, so you need decent life to counter those while your mana tanks.

Again, wait for experienced players to post :wink3:

Mike

8. jesterlolz

jesterlolz IncGamers Member

If I were you, I would max telekinesis right now. Telekinesis helps a lot in all sorcs, because it helps reduce damage so much. In my opinion, I would max it. You should have enough of an es so that you shouldn't have any extra mana by the time you die. If you want you can go pure energy, but then you would be very susceptible to poison. In that case you may want to have es at a higher level, because your points into energy wouldn't be wasted.