Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my next barb conc

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by matchuk, Sep 13, 2006.

1. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

Help with my next barb conc

well my first barb bvc isnt finished, he just lacks coa and charms but imma give farming a break i wanted to start another character and i just prefer barbs

this is going to be a conc barb for ubers, pvm and gearswitch goldfind

my gear firstly (im not planning to over use runes to make, and using gear i already have, so dont say u need last wish)

Arreats (um)
    highlords

edeath colossus sword (im using swords cos my bvc is axe and i dont want to another axe barb)

secondary sword i cant afford yet but still deciding between ebotd or beast

fort great harberk (i know its not archon but friend giving me it for 1hr 29res)

IK belt/gloves (i calculated it offers stats i need and res, more ias than the setup i had in mind laying of hands/dungos, but no PDR) , dracs for ubers

2 ravens or a duel leach ar hp ring if i can get one

boots im quite unsure, i dont really need gores unless i pvp, i have almost 100 deadly and over 50 cb, i was thinking any % mf war travs for added dmg and stats

20BO
    20BASH(conc syn)
    20CONC
    20MAST
    1pt in preq, ironskin, res, speed, find item, frenzy, rest into shout

i need around 70 spent into str i calculated base dex rest in vit

charmwise warcry lifers (cheap and im guessing a bigger bo lvl with synergise with conc and provide gg hp)

the point im centerring this build around was a left click conc with an uninterruptable attack relatively but not godly defence and a right click of frenzy, i was thinking charging frenzy up and then conc

any suggestions on gear setups?
    i should have enough ias from highlords/ik right?
    anyone done something similar to this and would like to give some advice?

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

A few points:

Drop frenzy, as in all honesty, you're only going to be using one weapon skill 98% of the time (with the other 2% being when you have to berserk). If you really want to frenzy, make a frenzy-specific barb, as otherwise it will be crippled. You MUST, however, have 1 point of berserk, for PI/IM enemies.

Use a shield, not a second weapon. Conc only swings the weapon in your main hand, making the off-hand useless, except for Auras. Shield adds so much more to your tanking.

Also, drop bash, max shout. Shout is HUGELY beneficial to a conc barb. The bash synergy is virtually worthless for almost every conc build, except for the super rich with extremely, extremely high-end gear and charms. For example, with a perfect BotD berserker (415%), 39 +3max damage charms, and 40% ed jewels in your helm and shield, 20 bash nets around 700 extra damage. Shout gives a huge amount of defense to you/merc/party/friendly units, longer BC/BO durations, and 200% more berserk damage.

-Hal

3. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

conc doenst swing your offhand ..... oh my