Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my Necrmancer needed

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by PearlJamaholic, Mar 12, 2004.

1. PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic IncGamers Member

Help with my Necrmancer needed

Heres the deal i got my necro to hell, and even though I know its supposed to be tough I think I may need some help to go far in hell. I just got cain and Ive died maybe 8 times at least already. I guess I'll post the stats now
    Level 75
    Str 118 I brought this up to make my bone spear stronger and for armor or boots i dont remember which. this is also done i wont add more here unless you people think i need to.
    Dex 48
    Vit 103
    Energy 241 I keep running out of mana and I have had bad luck finding anything mana regeneration
    Now if you think that is bad I have not spent any skill points in along while. I have 38 still.
    Here is break down on my skills.
    Clay Golem 1
    Golem Mastery 20
    Golem Resist 2
    Teeth 1
    Corpse Explosion 1
    Bone Spear 20
    But i have some item help that adds up like this
    Clay Golem 3
    Golem Mastery 22
    Golem Resist 4
    Fire Golem 3
    Teeth 3
    Corpse Explosion 3
    Bone Spear 22
    Posion Expolsion 3
    Bone Prison 5
    Decrepify 4
    I dont know what i really want to do with him as far as a build goes. All i know is he is hella weak some monsters kill me with three hits. the tactic I use (and it had worked pretty well up untill know) is my golem plays operation human shield. then i cast decrepify while me a my mercnary finish'em off. if it gets out of hand or i face things that run away like the cravers ill put a bone prison around them. also things like brutes take forever to kill what i have to do is usually is kill one i use corpse explosion to take the others down. I know i need to spend some skill points and im think now might be a good time to buy some bone spirit. other than that i dont know what. my golem satys alive for awhile so i dont think i need anything there and my curse does the job at 4. the one thing i would like to know is whats a good spot to max out dex and vit? any help would be great i know this isnt the standard necro (atleast i dont think it is). i just built something that i could push and when i couldnt push it no more i gave a skill or two.

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Well, going from your skills...you didn't take care of the "synergies" for you to have a stronger Bone Spear. Also, Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, and Summon Resists are all 1 point wonders(your +skills take care of the rest for you).

Also putting points into Dexterity would have helped you with your blocking alot of hits...instead of dying in 2-3.

As for going through your mana problem....you can buy mana pots from town...and when you see some on the ground use them also.

Synergies for Bone Spear are: Teeth, Bone Wall, Bone Spirit(might have missed one)

You have no blocking, not enough life, and way too much mana.

Unless your going to stick it out with this build....I would remake it.

Best of luck,

HoS

3. Siegfried

Siegfried IncGamers Member

If you die alot I think you should put points into Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery these help loads. You have put alot of points into energy which makes you weaker usually. If you dont want Skellies try investing points into Bone Spirits synergies. Golems are not very effective killers late game so don't bother maxing clay golem. You havent put many points into any curses so you could put some points into them especially Amplify damage

What equipment are you wearing?

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

:scratch:

Points in strength dont make your bone spear any stronger. At all. Bone spear is a spell.

5. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

woohoo!!

Ya remake that nec. Next time dont add any points to mana... save those points for Vitality and Dex. My lvl84 Necro in hell has zero points in Energy and still has over 1000 mana points :winner: plus max block and over 2000 Health points. hYp.

6. PearlJamaholic

the 118 in str wasnt just because of bone spear, but if thats too high whats a good spot to stop there. as for a list of items. I think im pretty good here.
    Helm - gives 14 to energy nothing special
    Armor - Spirit Shroud, defense 295
    1 to all skills
    160 enchanced defense
    replenish life 10
    magic damage reduced 7
    cannot be frozen
    Gloves - Sharkskin Gloves (Wraith Claw)
    Defense 60
    Enhanced defense 50%
    5 max stamina
    Cold resist 28%
    Boots - Treehauch
    Defense 63
    20% faster walk/run
    paladin junk, no use to me
    80% enhanced defense
    35 defense
    5 str
    5 dex
    10 all resistance
    Wand - Dread Bane
    1 necro skills
    8% life/mana stolen per hit
    1 fire golem
    2 decrepify
    2 posion explosion
    20 energy
    50% damage to undead
    Totem - Fetish Trophy
    Rhyme
    Defense 48
    40% faster blocking
    20% Increased chance of blocking
    adds 6-14 poision damage over 3 seconds
    3 bone prsion
    regenerate mana 15%
    All resistance 25
    cannot be frozen (again), some magic find and extra gold
    Belt - Bone Cord Sharkskin
    10% faster hit recovery
    45% enhanced defense
    6 Str
    5% fire resist
    extra gold nonsense
    Amulet - All resistance 20
    Ring - 1. 10 minimum damage, 28% lightening resist
    2. All resist 7, damage reduced by 1

Also it might be noted that i play single player but i dont think that changes much with this guy. thanks for the pointers so far though. i dont plan on giving up on him even if he is alittle :lol: flawed. but Ill take the tips for when i start another necromance which i will.

edit: i thought adding to strength increased the damage your spells would do. you know how its listed under the str stuff. well i guess thats why one should never assume such things

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

Incidentally, 118 is exactly what is needed to wear marrowwalks. But I if I were you I'd definitely restart the necro. There is no way you'll ever get your necro thru the rest of Hell. OR you might...after 3 or 4 years.

You're either a bonemancer or a Skelemancer. you can't really be good at both.

Either: Max Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, and Bone Wall
    or
    Max Raise skeleton, Skeletal mastery.

Read the guides in this forum. They will help you a LOT.

8. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

My advice to to re-build it... its a jack-of-no-trades. You need to get forcus on a particular tree.

9. PearlJamaholic

thanks for all the help thus far. i have a few last questions, with mana if you're not supposed to put points here how do you keep from running out? i usually use 3-4 mana potions before i find one. so do i just need to get some items with mana regeneration? and if so whats a good total percent to have for mana regeneration?
    also what should bone spear's damage be by level 75. i spent some of my skill points on bone spirit and that helped. just wondering how far off i am with damage cause i do plan on taking this guy all the way.
    once again thanks for all the help.

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You use mana pots, which can be bought.