Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my insatiable mind...

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by calindorr, Aug 10, 2010.

1. calindorr

calindorr IncGamers Member

Help with my insatiable mind...

Hello, not really new to D2, spent quite a lot of time playing it back 10 years ago, and a brief stint on the ladder reset 2 years ago...

Just wanting to get back into it, starting from scratch and just curious about some build ideas...

Basically I want 2 chars, one to start/mf and then just a second one after that when I start to get some gear. The starter char is going to be either a Meteorb Sorc or Hammerdin, Hammerdin looks boring, but I've also played Meteorb Sorcs a lot (miss my old Nova sorc), anyway that choice will be dependent on my second choice (because one is a Paladin and I don't want to roll 2 pallys).

Second choice is either a Bowazon, haven't decided much on specifics, maybe Strafe + Freezing arrow, or multi + guided...my second choice is a Zealdin, I saw a really cool build I think called a rifter that uses Conviction and a Voice of Reason, but I'm not sure how well that would work compared to fana/zeal...

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Re: Help with my insatiable mind...

Consider making a blova (use the forum search to find it).

Also consider a Riftadin. It is much like the paladin you refer to, but uses Rift rather than VoR.

Also, your post has no direct questions. :wave:

3. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

MF chars are pretty much Morb/Hammerdin. So there really is no other options unless you wanna fishymancer it w/o Enigma... (harder but still easy)

Honestly go with what suits you in terms of MF. And your second build again go with what suits you. If you like tanking several types of mobs to the point that you are almost always in stunblock (unless you have block) then thats you. (not effective but still). Honestly Strafezons are very fun. I have one somewhere around lv 50... (I do believe it is almost done with gear).

4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Most folks pretty much start with a sorc for the sake of teleport.

Hdins aren't nearly as efficient without their enigma, so you could have him as your second. With the new respec system finally in place, if you don't want to stay an hdin, or decide not to bother with it later, you can always respec into a different build.