Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my Fury Wolf..

Discussion in 'Druid' started by AtTheDriveIn, Sep 19, 2006.

1. AtTheDriveIn

AtTheDriveIn IncGamers Member

Help with my Fury Wolf..

Hi, first and foremost I've done lots of researching here and tried to make the best of the wealth of knowledge in these forums but my internet isn't very cooperative and I had some questions for you druid folks.

Ok so for my fury wolf im maxing these

Werewolf
    Lycanthropy
    Fury
    Oak sage or Heart of Wolverine
    Rest into ?? (1 in raven, psn creeper rest in cycl armor??)

Don't know whether to go with Oak sage or if I'll be needing the dmg/ar from wolverine.

My druids gear:

Wep1-402% Ebotd CB
    Wep2-5 shael Runemaster
    Wep3-4 B.O. CTA
    Helm-Jalas mane with +15 res +1 str jewel
    Armor-AP Fort
    Amulet-Seraphs Hymm
    Ring 1-Carrion Wind
    Ring 2-Carrion Wind
    Gloves-Dracs
    Boots-Gores
    Belt-Tgods

Charms-1 SS GC, rest str charms (most +2 sc or +4/5 larges- want to get all +5 larges to reduce space but i cant find ne =\

He will have all his pts into vita, get enuff str from charms to wear things to boost str.

So my friend gave me this gear and told me it would pwn and whatnot, and I thought i would make a few adjustments. Do you guys agree with these tweaks?

Trade Ebotd cb 4 a EbotdZ and wear my phoenix/SS
    Make a runeword Thresher or something to chase down casters (range works in SS form? he said all range was 1 in wolf form, i belive is incorrect)

So from that would you guys get oak sage or heart of wolv?

Thanks a lot guys!

2. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

The "everything-in-wolf-form-is-range-1" is false. I think most duelling wolves use Oak.

3. DelinquentFury

DelinquentFury Banned

drop seraphs for highlords, trade the cb for a zerker, use storm over phoenix, use a raven instead of two carrions, oak over HoW.

4. AtTheDriveIn

k Thx guys. 2x raven or raven + bk maybe?

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Ok do 2 ravens no bk ring.

Trade off the ebotd cb for a ebotd gpa, ebotd zerk, or greif phase. Only do the greif phase if thats the right price range. Or trade the phinoex and ebotd cb for a greif phase.

Get a shealed stormsheild and sheal your jalals.

Fort is good for a start.

Stick to oak. Put a point into spirit wolves theyre short term meat sheilds for dueling in some melee builds.

Belt wise go for anything that doesnt effect your attack speed.

Like since firestorm from phinoex the chance to cast will stop you in mid fury. The same effect from t-gods will do the same to you with fist of heavens. Do verds belt, or ik belt.

But verds > ik belt.

But rare 24% fhr/+str/+life belt > verds

But also the real trick with items and werewolfs are in the charms. Do plus to life charms, ar charms, but if you had to pick over the 2 diffent kinds do lifer charms. Ya those charms will give you more life then pumping the crap out out of vit.

6. AtTheDriveIn

I don't know what your trying to say, but get a Ebotd GPA for chasing down ppl, and buy a grief? I have 2 Grief PB's but theyre low. Grief>Ebotdz?? Then why do Ebotdzs cost so much?? I have enuff to spend on this char but not godly style.
    Thx.

7. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

you need botd GPA to beat smithers (or tomb reaver), also for casters. Ebotdz or grief is matter of your wealth and personal preferences, in most cases.

8. xpumafangx

If you are seeing that people are selling ebotd zerks for much more then greif phases I would sell my ebotd zerk off for a High damage greif phase asap. What realm are you on anyways?

damage of greif phase perfect is. Ya no 15% ed from a sup mod.

431-434

Damage of a 400% ed perfect, but not sup perfect ebotdzerk.

144-426

As you can see the greif phase have a higher min damage then a 400% ed ebotdz. The zerk out ranges the grief that is the only benafit you get from a ebotd zerk.

I have been able to hit in the ranges of 17k-17k when deadly strike takes effect.

9. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

botd would be 180-530 but yeah even worst grief has better average.

10. xpumafangx

ya the way I calc damage on weapons is mostly a little off. I use a calc. I can easly hit like the +50% ed from being eth. But after that its mostly lower. When using mutiply.

11. AtTheDriveIn

Only prob is Dex for Grief PB. Maybe grief Zerk?

Im on US EAST ladder

Wuts my 402% ebotd cb worth?

How much a 385+ grief pb/zerk cost? wuts a high ebotdz cost?

thx guys.

12. xpumafangx

People on east have issues with people who use greif weapons. Also a greif zerk is too slow. You really want a weapon that does 5fps fury or faster. Greif zerk is 6fps fury. You want a 5fps fury or 4fps fury. A greif phase blade is perfect for some one that uses max block rate. Because you need 222 dex at lvl 99 to have a max block with a stormsheild. And with the 130 something you need to use a greif phase. which is to low for max block with a stormsheild when you get to the lvl to use a storm. At which point you might be wondering how a werewolf could get a high amount of hit points. Its from items with plus to life on them. You want around 6-10k life after your preatty much done with a build. If you are not willing to try to aford all that. Do a 2 handed weapon instead and try to get a ebotd greaterpoleaxe instead. Then use anglics 2 rings, 1 amulet, trang-ouls belt, aulders boots, and dracs gloves. Thats the cheap way to do it actly.

Inorder to get that amount of life with a 1 handed weapon you got to invest in charms with life on them. And alot of them. Its common to do 37 small charms of vita, 37 fine small charms of vita, 37 steel(basicly ar charms) small charms of vita, 9 shape gc of vita/10 small charms of a combo from above, or 9 steel(pure ar or max damage and ar) gc of vita with a combo from above in small charms. We all ways use a anni and hellfire.

13. AndOceans

AndOceans Banned

for example - my titan wolf - all strength after max block, no points into vita whatsoever, has already got 6.2k life at level 87 and is missing quite a few charms. Also, for example, if stoutewolf on europe had made a titan insetad of a vita druid with the gear he uses, he would have 7.5k+ life with no points into vita whatsoever. Also, I have a friend who made a decked out + life titan with 37 3/20/20s and a 160ed/180 life armor, jah storm, +3 shape 100 life circlet with two 40ed/20 life (+3shape/80ed/140 lfie) and ended up with over 8k life with base vita.