Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rustydagger, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Rustydagger

Rustydagger IncGamers Member

Help with my druid

Hello all,

I recently just came back to D2 and blizzard wiped all my chars so i'm starting from scratch and figured I'd try a druid. Now I created a Wind druid with max block. He kicks the crap out of Normal and Nightmare but is having a really really !!! hard time in hell mainly becuase his gear sucks. Any suggestions on how to improve this guy would be greatly appricated. Where to hunt, what armor is easily attainable as I have no tradables ect.

My stats.
    Str 75
    Dex 200
    Vitality: 185
    Mana: Base

I currently lvl 71 and i'm 4 levels away from maxing all my wind synergies. However my tornado is still only doing 2800 damage, and my hurricane does 1100-1300 damage or something along thouse lines. I have +4 to all skills but my resistances blow along with my armor :p so its preventing me from proceeding any further.

Also is there a certian way to aim tornado better i find many times i waste time / mana as it only hits once if not at all and i have to move my char.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Windies are essentially casters, so you need lots of +skills to increase your Wind skills damage. And since they tend to be up close and personal, you'll also need PDR% and, imo, max block.

As opposed to the sorc that you are going to build, which is best for NM and Hell Meph farming, you can use your Windy to run the Pits, which, over the long term, can net you very nice drops.

Skulder's Ire for the MF and +1 skills is a good armour for your Windy when running the Pits. You really should not have too many problems in a solo or three player game with maxed Wind skills.

You also do not need max resistances, so long as you make a habit of constantly re-casting your Cyclone Armour.

As for aiming, there is no short answer. You'll just have to experiment to find the best way for you to spam those Tornadoes. That involves fine adjustments of your mouse pointer, and not necessarily spamming directly at a monster, but in front of, behind, or to the side of it, in order to get your Tornadoes to hit.

3. Rustydagger

Rustydagger IncGamers Member

Do you mean the pits on hell diff or nightmare ? and where is a good place ot farm for Sklder's Ire

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Hell.

NM Meph.