Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with my Dragon Tail/Tiger Strike/Pheonix Strike Kicksin der=0

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by custo, Jun 9, 2005.

1. custo

custo IncGamers Member

Help with my Dragon Tail/Tiger Strike/Pheonix Strike Kicksin

Hey Guys,

I've been playing for a while now, but only during summer vacation because I'm pretty busy with school the rest of the time. I started making a Kicksin a while ago(US east non ladder, non hardcore), and I finally got her to Hell, but I'm having a heck of a hard time with Act4/5. I'm just looking for some advice, so I'll list my stats and items (don't have any godly items really since I'm not a major diablo fanatic and not rich or anything)

Lvl 83

Stats (including bonuses from items)
    STR 185
    DEX 203
    VIT 190
    Energy 37
    All my resists are maxed except lightning which is at 73%

Damage
    Normal Attack 541-787
    Kick (charged up) 13k-21k

Skills
    Tiger Stike 20 (28 with bonuses from items)
    Pheonix Strike Stike 20 (28 with bonuses from items)
    Dragon Tail 20 (28 with bonuses from items)
    Claws of Thunder 3 (11 with bonuses from items)

Shadow Master 4 (8 with bonuses from items)
    Burst of Speed 6 (10 with bonuses from items)
    Claw Mastery 10 (14 with bonuses from items)
    Mind Blast 1 (5 with bonuses from items)
    Cloak of Shadows 1 (5 with bonuses from items)

Gear
    -Jade Talon (Claw)

-The Ward (Shield)

-Natalya's Totem (Helm)

-Natalya's Shadow (Armour)

-Dwarf Star (Ring)

-Sandstorm Trek (Boots)

-Amulet (+3 to Martial Arts)

-Ring (Cold/light/fire resist +11%, Poison resist +41%, +81 to attack rating)

-Belt (17% Faster hit recovery, 59 defense)

-Gloves (+3 to Martial Arts, 14 Defense)

Is there anything that can really help me out here?

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

It's hard to change much skill-wise, but any spare points you have right now should go into CoT, you need to boost your PS damage to deal with PI/FIs.

Equipment suggestions:
    1) Look for Moser's Blessed Circle, socket it with two PDiamonds <StormShield would be ideal, though>

2) Switch Nat's Shadow for maybe a 'LionHeart', the extra +STR/DEX will come in useful for Kick damage. +2 SD isn't much of a help for your build. <'Chains of Honor' would be ideal>

3) Resists permitting, switch the Jade Talon for Bartucs, the extra +STR/DEX and +1 MA are a huge help to Kick damage and PS.

4) Look for a String of Ears to replace your current belt. <Verdungo's would be ideal>

3. custo

custo IncGamers Member

I've been putting any points I've gotten lately into Claws of Thunder, like you said to deal with fire/physical immunes.

1) I don't really see the advantage of Moser's Circle over The Ward, Idealy I'd like a stormshield, but how I'd find one I don't know.

2)I'm working on getting a chains of honour, but am missing Um-Ber-Ist, so I won't hold my breath. Same for Lionheart since I'm still missing Lum-Fal

3) I do have a Bartucs Claw, and I'll try and see if I can cover the resists with charms or something.

4) I'll keep my eyes open for a String of Ears or Verdungo's

Thanks for the advice. If anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears.

4. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

Hi, just to critique something on your equipment; if you use kicks alot, I would try and find some gore riders,(but I guess your high + skill levels make up for that.., but crushing blow helps w/ bosses, and you will probably really need this in hell. and its satisfying to get an extra lot of damage here and there) then upp' em (not too expensive to do, its worth it if you use kicks a lot). the runeword armor; Stone is pretty good, and it saves me a lot (armor has 2100 def.), all though there is a lot of better stuff out there. I think that you will find that leeching doesn't work much in hell (i found out the hard way... :lol: ) But any way, I hope this helped, if you got ne more questions, i'll try and help you with them.

Crushing Blow +% items:

-Stregnth (runeword; 25%)
    -Gore Riders boots 15%; Goblin Toe;25% (gotta up both of em, goblin twice)
    -Guillames Face; 35% CB (crushing blow).
    -Blood gloves 5-10% CB (crafted gloves).

EDIT: If you add more points in Shadow Master; you will see a difference (for the better) :)

P.S.-But if you use Pheonix Strike, can't you kill them by using a different charge up # (if they are immune to one of them)?

Hope this helped.
    -HaLoPhReAk

5. custo

custo IncGamers Member

You said I would have to up the boots, what does that mean?

Oh and what exactly is crushing blow?

Thanks

6. HaLoPhReAk

For upgrading your equipment; (taken from arreat summit)
    you can do this ONLY ON LADDER

"
    1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example an Axe is turned into a Cleaver. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example Quilted Armor is turned into Ghost Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. So you cannot for example use this formula to transform Greyform into The Spirit Shroud. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example Ghost Armor is turned into a Dusk Shroud. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
    "
    To put it simple, crushing blow is a chance to do a lot more damage, and it will really help with hell.

-HaLoPhReAk

7. HaLoPhReAk

Sorry, didn't see that you were non ladder, i gues you can try and find upgraded boots when the season resets, or you could look now.(I play US West ladder/non) Just try and find some shadow dancers for the moment, i gues, the boots you have do pretty good kick damage, but myramid boots do 89-149 i think, add that to your maxed dragon talon, (about 1.1k per kick alone.) and your tiger/pheonix strike, that will be a lot of damage. I cant find a good definition of crushing blow, all i know is that it just about doubles the damage (i think) :teeth:

8. custo

custo IncGamers Member

Oh ok thanks, I don't play ladder though so that's out of the question. I do have the runes to make Duress Armour, would that be better than my Natalya's set armour, or should I save the UM rune for Chains of Honour (still missing Ber-Ist)

9. HaLoPhReAk

Get durress
    You will have to get another 3 ists worth of runes, which i wouldn't do for CoH. Durress has Crushing blow and life leech i think. FAST response to response...lol

10. custo

custo IncGamers Member

Shadow Dancers are a ladder only item though, so I couldn't get those either.

11. custo

custo IncGamers Member

Thanks for all your help, aren't you awake a little early for the west coast though :p

12. HaLoPhReAk

lol it was 8:31 for me when i just got on here. now it is 9:30 AM... clock on this site isn't very good.

No problem :D :buddies:

13. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Well, it's faster(30% FBR), has more resists(with two PDiamonds), a better block chance(11% better), and looks better IMO.

BTW, Crushing Blow is a chance of reducing a monster's health by X% in a single blow. While it's very useful to DTalon Kickers, given they kick numerous times per second and have many chances to trigger CB, I'm not sure about TS/DTailers, as you'd only be attacking three times a second at the fastest speed, which (comparatively) is pretty low...YMMV.