help with my d2 ><

doubledave

Diabloii.Net Member
help with my d2 ><

okay, so i just had the sudden urge to get back into d2, and i just finished installing. I have all the disks and everything installed fine. The only problem is when i hit play d2, it says my disk isnt in the drive. Trust me its not a cd drive problem or a cd problem, but other than that i have no clue what to do... someone help!!!

thanks in advance

-dave

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
You, I, and many others like us have had this problem. I had the problem even when the CD image was mounted as a virtual drive. One way I could occasionally get it to work was to put in the CD and initiate play via the autoload. Eventually I just said screw it, and used d2loader.

Now I don't play anymore.

doubledave

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:
You, I, and many others like us have had this problem. I had the problem even when the CD image was mounted as a virtual drive. One way I could occasionally get it to work was to put in the CD and initiate play via the autoload. Eventually I just said screw it, and used d2loader.

Now I don't play anymore.
sounds like a plan, i used to use d2loader, what do i do to get it to work without a cd? do i just install and hit play or do i gotta change stuff?

5Ws

Banned
many people had the problem, including me.
also many many reasons why it might give the error, for me, it was a virus on my computer, its a virus that affects every single .exe file, which means d2.exe and game.exe is affected as well.
download a virus scan program, lots of free ones out there.

it wasnt with d2 but with another game, i had this problem a long time and couldnt figure out why, then i just put it in the dvd drive and it worked.

try that.