Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help With my 2nd attempt at mid lvl duels.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Bionic, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Bionic

Bionic Diabloii.Net Member

Help With my 2nd attempt at mid lvl duels.

Can you guys help? I want to remake another mid level barb dueler. I want to be at level 51 since thats the level I can equip my Duress. Is that considered mid level? My last attempt failed due to me just guessing on how many points in skills to use. Basically I think its skill placement points. It was ww barb, I forgot exactly how many points I had in ww but I know it had the most. I had 10 in axe mastery and a few in bo/shout and the pre-requesites. Im thinking of making another ww or maybe frenzy. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

The gear I used was decent ( I think )
    Arreats Face
    Duress
    TGods
    Gores
    Lava Gouts
    Raven Frost/Angelic ring & ammy
    Oath Small Crescent Axe/Butchers Pupil
    2x echoing weapons on switch
    3x warcries gc
    3x combat gc
    2x combat masteries
    5x 19 life sc's

2. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Not too far off, but there are some changes to be made.

First off, ABSOLUTELY go to level 53, Oath balrog blades WILL hit the last WW breakpoint, and in addition, do a hell of a lot more damage than crescent or butchers. You definitely want Oath BB's as your weapons.

If you decide on a shield, which you dont seem to have at this point, an Artisans Tower shield of Deflecting with +max jewels (can be as high as 30, vermillion of carnage, but 15's are realistic) is the way to go.

For gloves, go with IK. The 40 stats will net you a LOT more life, a few hundred anyway, and are much better than lava's.

Personally, I feel that unless you're going to be dueling high level duelers, AR wont be a HUGE problem for you, and that it would be better to go with dual ravens (which adds a nice chunk of AR, and a huge dex bonus, making up a bit of the lost AR) and a teleport amulet, preferably with nice secondary mods. A tele-whirl will result in an easy ear for people not expecting you to be teleporting, and add to your mobility either way. I'd highly reccomend it, from experience with mid level barbs.

The rest looks very good!

For skills, I'd say, lets assume you've got around 60 to work with, I'd max BO, max WW. After that, you've got 20 left, maybe 13 or so including all your pre-reqs. The usual 1 into battle command, 1 increase speed, nat. resist, its really about personal prefrence here. Oh yeah, dont forget mastry.

The one bit of advice for skills I'd give is, pick an attack and go with it, in this case, whirlwind. I'd strongly suggest you avoid putting more points into another attack, you wont use it much, and if you do try to make it worth using, you'll end up spreading points too thinly, spend your remaining points in the mastries tree.

-Matt

3. Lyrs

Lyrs Diabloii.Net Member

Use:

Todesfaelle Flamme
    Zweihander

One-Hand Damage: (41-49) To (77-91) (59-70 Avg)
    Two-Hand Damage: (63-75) To (118-140) (90.5-107.5 Avg)
    Durability: 50
    Required Level: 46
    Required Strength: 125
    Required Dexterity: 94
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +120-160% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 50-200 Fire Damage
    10% Chance To Cast Level 6 Fire Ball On Attack
    Level 10 Fire Wall (20 Charges)
    Level 10 Enchant (45 Charges)
    +10 Fire Absorb
    Fire Resist +40%
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

To enchant yourself. I'd say, max BO, max mastery before ww because a lvl 20 mastery gives more AR and dmg than a lvl 20 ww. For my lvl 49, I use 3 pts in ww, enough to make it positive with +5 from items/bc.

4. Bionic

Thanks a lot for the replys. I never though about the Flamme sword for enchant, I keep tossing those to the NPC's, I'll have to do some more mf now. I thought of using the Lava Gouts and just hoping enchant triggers when Im using concentrate. I'll try the dual ravens and I know I have an amulet with teleport charges in one of my mules. I dont have an eth balrog blade at the moment, I though I hit the jackpot when I found the eth small crescent. I also thought I hit the last ww breakpoint with it too. I do have a few pairs of the IK gloves so I'll for sure try those.

In regards to the amount of points I should put on skills, I dont think I can max both ww and bo and be at level 53. I'll have to do some math.

Thanks again.

5. Matt

ACtually, Lyrs has it right, I was wrong when I said max WW, its probably not the best option, you should definitely max BO, but should probably not max out WW, my bad.

-Matt

6. Bionic

Ok, I did my math and thanks to your help, this is what I came up with. At level 51 I will have 58 skill points available due to Den/Radement/Izzual from norm and nightmare. So my skill placement will be like so.

Warcries:
    1 Howl
    20 Shout
    1 Battle Orders
    1 Battle Command
    Total: 23

Bombat Masteries:
    20 Axe
    1 Increased Stamina
    1 Increased Speed
    1 Iron SKin
    1 Natural Resistance
    Total: 24

Combat Skills:
    1 Leap
    1 Leap Attack
    9 WW
    Total: 11
    Max Total: 23+24+11=58

What do you guys think? I also have to do some math to figure out how much strength and dex to use since Im not going to use a shield.

7. Matt

I would HIGHLY suggest you use dual Oath BB's... they are faster (than the butchers anyway) with better range and higher damage. You will not regret it, IMO, its the ONLY way to build a low 50's barb, since all others your levelish WILL go to 53, you simply wont compete without Oath BB's.

-Matt

8. Bionic

I have the runes for the Oaths but I just dont have the swords. I'll have to try and make a trade thread. Thanks for the reply.

9. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt Diabloii.Net Member

I say go 1 Oath BB and go Sanctuary Hyperion as shield. Nice resists boost, dex, defence and block.

*Gosu-Hellbolt

10. Bionic

Good call on the Sanctuary shield. Mal is a level 49 item and the shield is 48 so I should be able to use them and not go over the character level. Id like to try and use slow missiles on zons when they dont expect it, very funny.

11. Matt

If you use a shield, sanctuary is good, but if you can get one, an AToD (artisans tower shield of deflecting) is my personal favorite.

Its got high blocking as well, and 3 sockets open up a lot of possibilities, if you felt like shopping for a long time to get 2 (I suggest hell charsi, she sells them the most IIRC)

Make 1 with 3 Pdiamonds for dueling casters (or, have another Oath BB, since shields wont do anything beyond resists vs a caster, and another oath=a hell of a lot more damage)

And also have one with 3x max dmg jewels (15's are best single mods, 30 best possibly +max on dual mod jewels), as this will add a healthy chunk of damage.

-Matt

12. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Diabloii.Net Member

i'd strongly recommend forgetting the higher lvl ww and sticking the pts in bo... probably you wont see the difference in your dmg between lvl 9 ww and 1 (with items its higher too ofc)
    ww only gives 6%(or was it 8? :lol: ) more dmg per lvl, which isnt very significant imo
    By lvl 53 you would have 64 pts to spend.
    with the same skill point setup, switching the 8 pts in ww for higer bo, you would get a lvl 15 bo which gives you significantly more life.

thx, wrath

13. Bionic

I messed up my skill plan. In order to get ww I also need to put points into Bash, Stun and Concentrate. Looks like I will go to 53 but with no BB Oaths. Im level 47 at the moment.

14. NightShade

NightShade Diabloii.Net Member

Matt, remember, this is SC.

Durability, not aggresiveness is what tends to win...as I recall? I havent dueled in SC for a very long time and as such could be off

15. Matt

You will really regret going to 53 and not using a Balrog Blade, its simply the best weapon avaliable to you at that level. If you have the runes to make an Oath, take another couple days, run the pits or hit up the channels, and get an eth Balrog Blade, you will not regret getting it, and you will regret not getting it.

16. Bionic

I'll have to try that because it appears I lost my Oath axe during a transfer. I have 4 accounts and I looked in each of the characters but I could not find it. Now I would just rush this barb for the forge drops. I'll have to remake him when I get the bb swords. I did about 10 cows/pit runs but no luck. I did find a non eth small crescent with 4 sockets, would the damage be way less compate to an eth version?

17. NightShade

NightShade Diabloii.Net Member

Eth Crescent 54-90 + Oath mods
    Non eth 38-60 + oath

BB : 15-75
    Eth BB: 22.5 - 112

Assuming max mods on them :

Statistically speaking, you tell me what's worth it.