Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with monster locations

Discussion in 'Site Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by el shendee, Jun 29, 2010.

1. el shendee

el shendee IncGamers Member

Help with monster locations

Hello! I'm trying to improve Diablo Wiki by adding to each level page the monster that can be found there, according to the info explained at the monster section. However, I feel that some of the monster locations are wrong. Could someone please give a link to a page where monster locations are better explained?

2. Leord

Leord IncGamers Member

Re: Help with monster locations

Are you Chapapot in the wiki? :) If so, awesome job!

I did the original set of location pages, and I can't recall exactly where I got the data,but it was scavenged from a little bit of everywhere, and they are sometimes inconclusive.

Just saying though, it's good you update the red link monsters for the wiki, but in the long run we really need to get each monster its own page...

Bit like Diablo 3 wiki has it with Fallen etc.

3. el shendee

el shendee IncGamers Member

Yes, it's me. I agree it would be better to give each monster a page, but until then... I don't think you've given a good example, though. Those differents types of Fallen are more like the different types of Skeletons and Rogues in Diablo 2, and not subclasses.
    Anyway, I'll see that the only way to accurately answer the question will be load the same levels lots of times and note the monsters that appear. The problem is, some time ago I lost all my savegames and I've had to start again, and it will take me some time to reach Nightmare to check the Guest Monsters. Until then, I'll have to believe what the monster pages say (although some of them must be wrong; until I corrected it, they listed Devilkins in the Halls of Pain and Devilkin Shamans in the Halls of Anguish... after some research, I've decided to put both in the Halls of Anguish).
    EDIT: What happened to Infoceptor? It could've been useful.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. Leord

Leord IncGamers Member

Well, continuous awesome work from you. I will be looking in to improving navigation as well there shortly.

As for the Fallen link it wasn't to show that, more to show how ONE monster page might look. You are right that different fallen is counted differently, but I'd still like one page per fallen type. Perhaps let them have the same info blurb, but in general, one page per mob name is good.

Infoceptor? The really really old SC1 site?

5. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

One monster per page is fine, but keep the family page for comparison purposes

6. Leord

Leord IncGamers Member

Yeah, definitely. A Family one which uses data from the others. It's not hard if you know how the "noinclude" and "includeonly" tags work in the wiki :)