Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with MF Sorc build !

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Rustydagger, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Rustydagger

Rustydagger IncGamers Member

Help with MF Sorc build !

Hello all,

After a long time away from D2 I figured i'd jump back into it as there is nothing else on the market currently that intrestest me. Anyhow since all my old chars where wiped by blizzard I have to unfortantly start from scratch and would like some help on bulding MF sorc.

I have build a mf Druid but he seems to be getting his rear kicked around in Hell difficulty so i'd like to build a MF sorc as i've done lots of reading and they seem to be the way to go for MF.

Now I was wonder which kind of build to go with? I think lighting is the way to go, but any suggestions would be good. Also if i do go lighting do I max block or put thouse points in vitality ? as block is good so i can CB bosses while standing next to them but the extra vitality is nice and u can't get block locked either.

Any help on this matter would be good, all i really want this char to do is be able to solo hell and find some gear so i can build up some chars.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Good lightning sorcs need the gear first, and you don't have them.

In which case, build a Meteorb or Blizzball, both of which make excellent MF'ers.

The guides are in the stickies, written by Sasha and Miladys-Knight, respectively.

3. Rustydagger

Thanks for the advice I'll look into that, even without decent gear a lighting source won't hold up in hell ? Crunching the numbers even with your skills in the mid to high 20's they still dish out good damage like 7kish on lighting bolt ?

4. FrostBurn

I'm not saying it's bad, only that it gets very, very good when decked out with good gear. An untwinked lightning sorc can also MF, but her Meteorb and Blizzball counterparts do it better and more efficiently.

The Blizzball has CM, which does magnificiently against Meph when used with Blizzard, whereas the Meteorb does so much raw fire damage that Meph's high fire resistance becomes less of a factor.

Also bear in mind that your lightning damage ranges from 1-7000, so the more likely average is 3500, which then gets resisted by, for example, Meph's 75% lightning resistance.

5. Rustydagger

So a Blizzball or meteor orb is even better for MF farming then a lighting source? Also doesn't charge bolt nuke bosses ?

6. FrostBurn

Yes.

No.

7. Rustydagger

So if you had 2 sorc's which both had the best gear in the game the blizzball or metororb would still MF faster ? or take down bosses faster ? and what about the Ubers? are the blizzball builds or metororb builds still viable there

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

IMO meteororb would still fare better, due to the insane firepower of Fireball.

9. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

none of the casting sorcs can take down the ubers. A godly light sorc is the best caster, but you'll never get godly if you start with one - they MF too slow when they are not godly.

Until you can afford an infinity polearm (4 high runes) for your sorc or merc, straight lightning sorcs do low damage. It will probably take months of playing with a meteorb or blizzballer to aquire that much wealth. (depending how much you play of course)

10. Rustydagger

Well i almost have enough runes for an infinity rune ? but i'd still need more to make a lighting source better wouldn't I? and until then metororb is the way to go ? also can they handle hell on there own ?>