Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with Metorb build

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PinkeyandtheBrain, Mar 28, 2005.

1. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Help with Metorb build

Ok so i am makeing a metorb sorc(my first sorc)(i like meele :D )
    and i was wondering weather i ws on the right path.
    She is lvl 18 and her skills are as follows
    FIRE TREE 1-fb 1-warm 1-inf 1-blaze 1-fw 5-Fireball
    COLD TREE 1-FA 1-IB 1-FN 1-Ice blast 1-SA
    LIT TREE 1-SF 1-TELEK 1-tele
    gear is Tarnhelm, eye of etlitch, t-witch, pelta lunata, chancies, rare ring, rarering, treads cthon khalims will has a leaf in stash(ok one not great)
    stats are with + to stats are, str 64 dex-49 vit-40 nrg-45

how does she look? Am i doing it right?
    suggustions on gear, ect.
    I do have in my stash some decent(i think) sorc items Vipermaji(27%) Mage fist, waterwalks, phesant crown and a real cool +3 to cold ammy.
    what tree should i work on?
    Also please do not refer me to the guides because i did not find a SP metorb guide. thanks fopr the advice

2. ndt

ndt IncGamers Member

There are actually two of them in the very single player build guide thread:

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=127669

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=130054

From what you wrote it looks fine, I am also using magefist because of regenerate mana, fcr and +1 fire skills (for warmth), but in general you should concentrate on cold first, as it makes nightmare quite easy (but that is all in the guide). A +3 cold skills amulett and a +3 cold skills staff really help, too. :thumbsup:

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

The information is the same in the guides for SP or Battle Net. I had a quick look at the Sticky on this board and saw a Meteorb guide. That should be a good reference point for you.

I would suggest you work on your Cold Tree first. Frozen Orb will dominate Normal and most of Nightmare, allowing you to build up your Fire Skills.

Remember to add Fire Mastery after the synergies.

4. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

for that matter i in /players 1-3 orb will easily solo you throughout hell. You will just need firebaal at a respectable level to help with immunes.

5. colony

colony IncGamers Member

I'd also suggest max'ing FO before starting to work on Fire skills, it'll be your main skill through NM (in Hell it just doesnt do enough damage).

Also I wouldn't put any more points into energy, as FO and meteor are both timered, and with a few +skills your warmth should be able to cope, and you can always buy mana pots if you need to. Also decide if you want to go for max block or not (If you do its a good idea to work out how much dex you'll need at higher levels to avoid wasting points)

6. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

I'll second colony's opinion. Don't put the points in energy, they're better used for dex to get max block IMO. FO is definitely your number 1 in NM, and your best backup for FIs in Hell. I still use it quite a bit in Hell, due to the large number of FIs. Looks pretty good.

7. Nautilus

Nautilus IncGamers Member

Yup, the info above sounds pretty good to me. The thing that I did to make my meteorb sorcress run quicker through normal was I put too many points into warmth. In hell, you really just use the timered spells. Take a look at the number of + skills you're going to have and see where that's going to get you. Making use of that + fire skills staff will help you get to level 30, when everything changes for you.

One thing that I found helped was going 2-3 points in static orb. Never underestimate the power of not getting too close to the monsters...

8. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

EEk i have like 70 in energy and like 50 ish in dex. I am definateley likeing the sorc. You have a new sorc fan on your hands.
    I have mainly focused on the fire tree as i have not reached lvl 30 yet(both cold skills are lvl 30's)
    She is lvl 29 right and i have 2 skill pts saved up so i can get FM,FO,CM on lvl 30 is that a good thing to do?
    I will problably be using my leaf untill i find a better staff/orb but leaf is pretty nice with the +to skills and definsive bonus.
    So after lvl 30 i will work on the Cold tree.
    thanks for the help.
    Also does fcr matter for timered skills?
    I have 11 in Fireball and four in meteror one in all prereqs
    i have no chilling armor should i get it? i have all cold xcept for chilling armor up to lvl 30 skills
    thanks again. :winner: :thanks: :thanks:

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Saving points for both cold mastery, fire mastery and frozen orb is a very sensible thing to do..

FCR doesn't matter for timered spells, but you can also use your fireballs which do very good damage and glacial spike to freeze monsters, also teleport is way better with decent FCR...Most sorc equipment has FCR so you should have a decent cast rate.

Chilling armor is nice but only 1 point...I'd rather max frozen orb first before putting a point in it.

10. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Ya i use Shiver armor which is nice cause it freezes and damages monsters
    I did not realize how nice +to fire skills are i will have lvl9 FM after the first lvl sweet(i have +2 all skills and lots of fire from leaf and magefist)
    thanks again for all of the help.
    Also what would be the best possible place to find a Occy? I have a Lidliss Wall but no sorc orbs and. Should i use my suicid branch or stick with my leaf?
    And again you have a new sorc convert on your hands so watch out :D .
    I now realize how much finnese i was lacking with my bighurty stick weilding wolfmanz. Now i think i can be truly 1337 and no nUbzor for me.
    :lol: :lol:

11. colony

colony IncGamers Member

According to the ATMA drop calc, ignoring 1st kills, the best place would be NM Baal and NM diablo. Hell Meph nearly has as good a chance as those two and is much quicker to run though.

Suicide branch would let you use a shield, so that would probably be a better option, but it depends on what you need, and whether or not you need a shield ATM. Also remember you don't have to max CM, I vaguley remember something from the sorc forum saying the best level against any monster without cold resist is 17, so that might be a good number to aim for with +skills.

Also if you're going for max block then I think finding a new shield might be a good idea (but I can't remember because its been so long since I played properly, and I can't remember most of the attributes on items anymore:p )

It might be worth checking the FCR breakpoints too for teleport. It can make a few hundred Meph runs go a lot quicker even with 1 or 2 fewer frames.

12. Chimaira

I would probably hunt for an Occulus at nightmare Mephisto, relatively easy to kill, and can drop Occulus... and other good mid-level stuff. If you're going to use Frozen orb through nightmare (and you really should), the Suicide Branch is a very nice option...better than Leaf, also gives a nice mana boost which is very welcome...Also the resists and faster cast rate is super...also allows you to wear a shield...definitely go suicide branch.

Edit: too slow...

13. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Ok then suicide branch it is. When i reach lvl 33( im lvl 31 right now and in the middle of norm chaos sanc. thanks for the help and i will post again if i run into any trouble.
    p.s. is P8 sopposed to be this easy? cause i am having absoluteley no trouble at all.

14. Mraezk

Mraezk IncGamers Member

Its incredibly easy up until you reach hell. Then it becomes...ugh. Luckily once you get some good gear, and say around a 350ish orb, along with a 10k+ meteor, it becomes much easier too. From what I've seen WSK will always be terrible though... *grumbles*

15. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Well its going great!!! I can not beleieve that i never had a sorc before. I love her. She is lvl 48 right now and absoluteley destroying everythin in her path.
    She has a lvl 25 FO along with lvl 11 CM( with + to skills) lvl 8 FM with
    lvl 11 meteror and lvl 18 FB
    Her NM restances are F-7 C-11 Lit-7 Psn-7
    i just took her through act 1 nm in a grand total of an hour. She is currently lvling her act 2 Defiance merc(original merc, never did bloodraven)
    She uses a Suicide Branch, Peasant Crown, +3 to cold Ammy, Skin of Vuper Maji, Lidless wall, Mage fists, waterwalks, ONE SOJ(WOOT offa nm andy) and onne crappy rare rin
    On switch she has a low leaf that is used when a 1.3 k Meteror is needed.
    Thanks all of you for your help and i think i will be hooked on sorcs for quite a while. :thumbsup: :worship: :jig:
    again thanks you all for your wonderfull assistance in making my sorc. Now all i have to do is endlessy run NM D/Ball for the Occy.*smile's*

16. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

You sound exactly like me while taking my meteorb through NM. She is an absolute blast to play. Then I hit Hell and came screeching to a horrible and painful stop. Back to NM Meph for quite awhile, then back to Hell, which was very challenging, but doable. Now she's camped out between hell andy and hell meph being a gear monger. She's a blast to play even now. Have fun, and let us know what happens when you get to hell.

17. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Weeeelllll... i just made it to hell and yes it is hard, and their seem to be lots of dual immune monsters around. But i have decided to play on p3 untill i get to lvl 70 ish( i beat NM on p8 at lvl 64) i think it is more getting used to switchin spells between FB, Met, Orb it is taking some getting used to but i will cope :D . I think she does decent damage of 435 Fo and 4k met. it works well in the blood moor and stony field. If i cant play well in hell i will go back to doing P8 nm Baal runs.
    Also what is a good place to lvl in hell? for my metorb? Is ancient way good cause it will be quite a while befor i get their.
    Again thanks for the help and thanks for introducing me to a new(for me) class and rekindling my intrest in this game. :worship: :drink: :buddies:

18. Chimaira

The Pits are a good place to lvl...although I'm not sure what immunes are down there...Also the Ancient Tunnels...basically all the good Magic Finding places, are also good places to level, because the monsters are such a high lvl. The ultimate place if you can stomach it is of course Baal runs, but they can be dangerous. Ancient's Way would be a good place to level, but not as sweet as it was in 1.09 because now it's dangerous.

19. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Pit - CI, FI & LI
    Ancient Tunnel - it has FI, LI & PoI but no CI

Ancient Tunnel is good if you don't like killing CIs with Meteor or FB in the Pit. I would recommend levelling to ~75 doing NM Baal runs and moving to after that, though. Then you wouldn't really need to level in Hell anymore - your char will be level ~82 only with questing when she kills Hell Baal. But first you'll have to defeat the Ancients ;)

20. Nautilus

Nautilus IncGamers Member

When I ran my meteorb through hell, I insisted on doing it all through at players 8. I think I only changed that for the ancients and for following up to the wsk waypoint following them. It took a while, but built up levels like crazy. When I was bored I ran mephisto over and over again.

Teleport is addictive ~

Glad that you're having fun with this build, I think its absolutely the best too.