Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with merc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DemonAbuse, Jun 20, 2016.

1. DemonAbuse

DemonAbuse IncGamers Member

Im a little confused as to what act 2 merc is best for me personally. im a FA/strafe amazon using an act 2 defensive merc from normal since his strength builds fast, and i like the idea that I get hit less but not sure if that aura is really working for me, especially in hell i do see my defense stat increases but does my character really benefit it from it much compared to the other auras? I dont care about cold since im already freezing everything, I think ive made a decent choice but Id like to know what someone else thinks.

2. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

I suggest hiring an Act 2 NM Offensive guard, because with Strafe you will need the damage boost to kill stuff faster and it will also assist him and your Valkyrie, which I highly suggest you utilize, as she will take a ton of damage after slvl 17 and up and she will actually kill stuff at higher levels in Hell with the added damage aura. Her and your Decoy will take a ton of heat off of you and your mercenary.

3. DemonAbuse

My valk is maxed out shes better then my merc even with her AI i think, I found a decent Armour for my merc: courpsemourn, its requires 170 strength,with the NM merc, will he have enough strength at lvl 70?

Im a heavy mana user ,I like my merc with insight, should i just keep upgrading that through Hell? or look into a rune word with more damage soon?

4. Southpaw8668

I would stick with the Insight and try and find an ethereal or even regular Thresher type or Cryptic Axe to build another Insight, unless you can come up with a better mana leech solution from personal gear.

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I agree with Southpaw that you need an Act 2 Offensive merc, with the Might aura. The defensive one is useless - as a bowazon, you shouldn't be getting hit anyway, if you're scouting with your decoy properly. I prefer Reaper's Toll to Insight for my three level 90+ FA / strafers, using Strafe and mana leach to refill my blue bulb when necessary.

6. DemonAbuse

thanks im already seeing the damage increase. some times I do get hit noodle, and i freak out when it happens, you know how it its for HC zons in hell. ive decided to put a little more into D2 points A2 points and 3 points to E maybe i could use more those archers and spear throwers are the problem so is vigor on my bow, speed can be a double edge sword.

Ive visted the single player trading forums but im lost i know its a tall order but can anyone please explain what I need to know? im using version 1.14b what is normal currency? P gems? where are trades conducted? can i get scammed?

Noodle how much mana leech do you need to get the strafe refill? is it from a ring?

7. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I'll post my gear lineups when I get home from work. One of my gals uses Windforce, which has mana leach built in. Another uses the full M'avinas set, which gets 5% mana leach from the belt. My third uses an upgraded Witchwild String, which doesn't have mana leach, so I'm getting it from something else that I can't remember.

8. Southpaw8668

You could try to craft some caster gloves, belt, boots, amulet all of them could provide very nice mana per kill or active leech and could also provide possible +skills and resists.

9. DemonAbuse

Hey Noodle im sorry i posted in the wrong place just before, yes id love whatever you can let go of and I will give you P gems or anything else you may need? ill check my ago mule for it. i just found an io rune i can trade. im a HC amazon lvl 77 . most of all ive never traded before so id love to see how its done! lmk Noodle btw a correction im looking for a lum rune to make SMOKE NOT nef i got mixed up. Like i said i have p gems and a few mid level runes i can trade with, and im looking for a 4 socket elite bow to make an upgrade harmony with im currently using harmony on a double bow.

Please note that Open B.net is full of dupes and hacks, and going there can have negative repercussions on trading on our forums. Also, I'd be happy to donate a Nef to you, and I can take a look for any decent bows. What level is your 'Zon? She's HC, right?
    i

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  10. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I assume you use Atma or GoMule? If you click on my name, open a conversation and send me your e-mail address, I can e-mail you a stash.

There are pretty strict procedures regarding getting approved to trade through our forums, so it would probably be easier for me to just give you the items now - I can spare them, and they'd be getting used rather than just gathering virtual dust. If you can post your gear, I can see what I have available that would be an upgrade.

11. DemonAbuse

Harmony on a double bow( have runes for another one), have waterwalk boots and razortail belt however i cant use them due to low res.
    I have a 3 socket helmet on, would love 4 socket helmet for at 4 runes on my head
    28 % poison resist gloves
    25 percent cold res ring
    27 % fire resist ring
    40 % cold res sigon sabot boots
    3 socket Gothic plate with 3 runes

now you see why im desperate for smoke and possibly 4 socket heargear.
    strength is @ 70
    dex 266
    vit 114
    lvl 75 act 2 hell