Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with Merc socketing; Toll, Duriels, Speed

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by kuza, Apr 1, 2004.

1. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

Help with Merc socketing; Toll, Duriels, Speed

Hello, I have an act 2 holy freeze merc with a reapers toll, steelskull(P.Topaz) and upg duriels sheel. What I'm wondering is if I should put a shael int he reapers, and wiht the 10 IAS from steelskull will make the next breakpoint. I can't seem to find Merc class breakpoint charts ro find it myself. I could also put a gaze on him and socket something else in that too. I have all the options available, need to know how to get some extra dmg via ED jewl, and at the same time reach the next speed BP.

Thanks.

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

IAS Frames per attack
    0% 7.5
    8% 7
    22% 6.5
    44% 6
    75% 5.5
    142% 5

3* ias jewels get your merc to 6fpa, a shael+stealskull to 6.5, but an IAS jewel + steelskull does so too. So an IAS jewel with any mod is better for that setup.

:spy:

3. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

thanks a bunch. And just so I know down the road, what kind of char are these mercs?? I figure a pally amazon cross since they have an aura and jab? They some kind of hybrid? Whick also leads to the question, where di you find that BP chart?

4. ReZ The Profound

ReZ The Profound IncGamers Member

I gave my merc Gris socketed with 3 p. topaz's and a crown with 3 p. topaz's and an eth bonehew with 2 amns, he dosnt die and adds a shitload of mf. personally i think this is best setup for mf sorc. (with defaince)

5. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I only let my merc get the kills on cold immunes, so I don't care much about his MF. The eth steelskull has 70 MF wiht the Ptopaz in it, and he can tank hell baal/meph or anythign else for that matter with his current gear. Besides, I have 550 MF on with a 4.5 k blizzard, so it's not like the extra 100 MF is going to matter. OR then I'd just put a shako+skulders on him and socket the reapers with an Amn rune.

6. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

7. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

damn, right on. Thanks again.