Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help With LF zon

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Locke07, May 8, 2005.

1. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Help With LF zon

As the title indicates I am thinking about making a LF zon this will probably be either my first or second character on the new ladder. I am wondering about end game gear and she we be mainly used as a cow killer and maybe some Chaos. I know for the most part how I want my skills (this is a Lightning Fury emphasis on Fury not all lightning moves maybe 2 synergies charge and the lightning strike.) I am just wondering what would I need in terms of stats and gear?

2. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Its mad easy... you dont even need a guide.

Its not that item reliant at all either...

I suggest you get + to skill items...

Get a TarnHelm, 2 Soj's, 2+ Ammy, 1+ Shield too. (sigon's good if you dont feel like going godly)

Get a Harpoon in act 4 for weapon too.

Go as much Str. as needed for items, as much Dex. as needed for items, and alot of vitality.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I kinda figured that plus skils would be really important somewhat. Why use a harpoon from act4? Couldn't I get a rare javlin or somthing that has life/mana steal and replenish quanity or do rare javs exist on classic? Also do you think this character will be a viable MFer for next ladder?

4. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

Your LF zon needs no dex in classic. There are no magical mods on throwing weapons in classic so no need for high req harpoons. Stick with your lvl 1 javelins, they will cost 1 gold to repair forever. Dont use Sigons shield, it will only turn your zon into a slow moving mana junkie. The only piece of gear you need to function effectively is Wall of the Eyeless unique bone shield. It will keep your mana ball full into hell cows, where no ammount of mana leech would be able to keep up with ur mana consumption anyway. As for mf, Ive never personally used them for it, but I imagine they could be effective with full mf gear minus gull and mila's shield. Dont forget to max pierce!!!

5. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

For gear, just use Twitch, Deaths sash and gloves, some rare boots with resist, eyeless. Godly zon amulets are dirt cheap, (2+ 12 str 38 life 20 pris costed soj)
    but since your planning to make it for new ladder no-one will have anything. Im not sure how much +skills does to lightning fury, but I think i would rather use str rings with resist, because then you can go max vita. Javelins are fastest attacking throw weapon in classic, so always use them. For cs chuck on a 3 diamond large shield and your sweet

6. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

When i first started classic season 2 i made a zon on hcl. She died and she is rank #2x at lvl 80.

I started from scratch and she used... Twitchthroe, full itharas, and a 3 pdiamond tower shield until i got a perfect ward. for rings and boots i just used rares, until i managed to get an soj, then finally another soj. I upgraded my boots to a better rare. At lvl 80 (i died due to a **EDITED BY DACAR** who clodded hell cow portal) She had 75% block, 85 resist all in hell, and 1.2k life.

So basically if your starting out, the ithara set is a very strong choice. For chaos runs. If your just pure cows or an mfer then just get all +skills and mf and run non light immune areas

7. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

i suggest wearing sigons gloves, goldwrap, twitchthroe. that way you can get the last Lightning fury increased attack speed breakpoint for javelins and throwing spears. this combo also provides a nice stats bonus and mf bonus(especially if u use sigons boots)

8. sweetcorn

sweetcorn IncGamers Member

i have a spear that has +2 to zon skills, but does only like 30 damage. any good? :s

9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Please watch the language. Thanks