Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with kicksin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Nosf, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

Help with kicksin

Hi guys, im a new user here...

This is my first assassin ever.. and i decided to make a kicksin.
    What skills should i max?
    What weapon should i use? (i got Shadow Killer, Bartuc's Cut-Throat and Jade Talon + SS)
    I really dont know nothing about it.. any hel will be usefull

(sorry by the bad english, im brazilian...)

thx

OBS.: (PvM char)

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

A crushing blow weapon helps. Don't feel limited to just claws (though dual tucs gives a fearsome str/dex bonus).

You should definately try and get Gore Rider boots and upgrade them to Myrmidion Greaves.

There are two schools of thought on kicksins:

1) single target domination - basically, max Dragon Talon. Get Crushing Blow to help cut through monster hp's in Hell, and use crowd control skills like Mind Blast and Cloak of Shadows to keep them off you while you dominate one monster at a time.

2) AOE - max Dragon Tail and Tiger Strike. The two work together to produce a truly unbelievable area of effect damage. Unfortunately, this mechanism has two stumbling blocks: Fire Immunes, and Physical Immunes.

I suggest reading JRichard's excellent "Kicking Basics" thread stickied at the top of the forum.

3. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

what about the lightin damage of Phoenix Strike? they can help with fire/physical imune monsters, right?

4. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Yes, and this has been one of my thoughts with kicking Assassins as well - the second charge of Phoenix Strike would make a good alternate damage route.

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Hybrids are possible using Dtalon with cb for single bosses and PS+CoT for crowds. Another option is to use traps in conjunction with Dtalon, works very well.

Read Jrichards kicking guide for an overall impression of a kicksin and my own Dtalon/trap guide stickied on the top.

C-Beat