Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help with inmune on classic

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PedPerBog, Feb 4, 2004.

1. PedPerBog

PedPerBog IncGamers Member

help with inmune on classic

i've been playing a cl/fo sorc as my first 1.10 char, i have no problems going thru normal and nigthmare, only one ligthning/cold inmune and i manage to killed it. But since i reach hell, like a week ago, i have found like 10 of these dual inmune.
    It's rather frustrating to run away from a monster, but I find no way to kill them. I tried the mercenaries (rogues) but they suck, even if i try to tank for them.
    My skills are currently
    CL 20
    FO 14
    LM 15 and
    ES 1

Am I doomed to run like a coward?? Any idea would be appreciated.

PS: I'm new to this forum, I've been lurking around for a like a week, and this is my second post.
    I live in Paraguay (try and find it on the world map), am 23 years old, and college student (So I play mostly on weekends).

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

You would probably be better off using either an act2 or act5 merc since you're a sorc. Act 2 might mercs can dish out some pretty mean dmg but the act 5 barbs are a bit sturdier I think. So my advice is to get one of those two and level them up. Hope this helps

3. PedPerBog

thanks by the advice spook, but i play classic so i can only hire mercenaries from the act im in.

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Hmm I'm not sure how merc work in classic but go back to Nightmare and hire the act 2 offensive mercenary. You will have to level him up a lot but I don't know of many other solutions. Maybe someone else can help you more

5. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

If I remember right, Mercenaries cannot be taken to different acts, cannot be given equiptment, and basically suck in classic. You can't even give them pots. :xx:

6. narfman0

narfman0 IncGamers Member

Yeah they are jack crap... I would (if I needed to use that sorceress) enchant her and go melee with a nice bow, like kuko or something. Physical damage with some extra attack rating.

7. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Mercs are truly and completely useless in classic. The act 2 guys don't have auras, too. :p

And... kuko is an expansion bow. There's no excep uniques in classic. :uhhuh:

Sorry man, but i believe you're destined to be running for your life. Such is classic, and sometimes 07 and 08 too. That's why you have teleport. :D

8. PedPerBog

well i feared it would be like that chaos.
    thanks for the feedback.

9. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

*happy im not playing classic*

10. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

Ooof! Classic 1.10, no less. IMHO, classic peaked out at version 1.06. Anything after that was to keep the classic realms up-to-date with the expansion players.

If you really want to do classic, I'd suggest that you downgrade to 1.06 or below. I think that cold mastery will defeat cold immunes in that difficulty. You can also gamble some useful uniques like frostburns and the coveted stone of jordan.

I had great fun with a jabbing spearazon last year, but WW lance barbs are probably the most popular.

Don't give up hope, but do give up that version!!

-KS