Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with hammerdin setup for baal running/PvM

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheLBT, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TheLBT

TheLBT IncGamers Member

Help with hammerdin setup for baal running/PvM

I'm new to expac (classic player) and I am thinking of making a hammerdin. Mostly for PvM and just lvling it in baal runs, I'm wondering what the best setup for this would be. I have a 1297def dusk nigma, a maras, an UM'd shako and a 31 hoto. Should I be using a hoz or a spirit for the 25fcr? While on topic of fcr, is 125 fcr better for pvm or is 75 w/ more hammer dmg?

Currently I have these 2 shields, I'm not too sure on why the resistances are different considering its the same runeword...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3333/screenshot274rd0.jpg
    http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9740/screenshot275pi7.jpg

Next question is completing my other gear. What type of gloves, rings, belt, boots should I be using. Also, I hear people talking about CTA... does that allow a pally to cast battle orders on himself? Not too familiar with all the runewords (mostly nigma). Anyways, thx for any help! I'm not too sure on stat distribution either as I have never played xpac before heh :evil: Nonetheless should be fun :)

2. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

if you can afford it, use hoz and get to 125 fcr with a 20fcr circ, 10fcr ring and 15+fcr ammy... this will be very expensive to get good ones though.

some people like using spirit, i prefer hoz even if you only get to 75% bp.
    gloves- magefists/trangs (20fcr)
    rings - soj/bk/fcr rings - some ppl use rfrost for CBF, but since most fo your movement is tele i suggest go for more fcr or damage instead
    belt - arach (20 fcr)
    boots - treks (preferably eth)

cta - yes you can cast bo and bc on yourself, get one for the switch

my hammerdin has 14k hammer damage, 80fcr, and level 20 battle orders, and can easily do any area of the game in an 8 player game, even without pcombs and CBF

3. TheLBT

TheLBT IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help. I think I might go HoZ + 80fcr route because I like more dmg (scept din over shard din on classic). Heh I probably could get some friends to loan some GG gear :eek: ty

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Always take 125 FCR. The extra damage from HoZ will still not match up to 125% FCR in terms of killing speed. Not only do you tele alot of faster, the faster rate of hammer spammage makes alot of difference in full games.