Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with hamdin.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Suckmyhammar, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Suckmyhammar

Suckmyhammar IncGamers Member

Help with hamdin.

Hi, this is my first thread on this forum..Just got expansion.. Still sorta new to d2.

Account Name: Stiksnstons (I play on US West, message me if you want to party up. I do NOT duel.)
    Character Name: Suckmyhammar
    Current Character Level: 81
    Class: Paladin

Skills (This is WITH Equipment bonuses)
    Holy Bolt 16 Points
    Blessed Hammer 35 Points (Will be 20 after awhile)
    Might 14 Points
    Blessed Aim 33 Points (Will be 20..)
    Concentration 33 Points (Will be 20..)
    Prayer 16 Points
    Defiance 16 Points
    Cleansing 16 Points
    Vigor 34 Points
    Charge 16 points
    Holy Shield 21 points
    Remember, these are with the equipment bonuses.

Stats:
    Health Total: 1436
    Stamina Total:460
    Mana Total: 686
    Strength: 217
    Dexterity:65
    Vitality: 316
    Energy: 91
    Resists
    Cold: 36
    Fire:43
    Lightning:36
    Poison:75
    Block Rate: 75% (with holy shield..)
    (I am playing on hell so it knocks off some resistances.)

Equipment
    Head: Harlequin Crest Shako
    Chest: Enigma Mage Plate (Yay!)
    Gloves: Magefist/Chance Guards (Still the same)
    Legs: Sandstorm Treks/ War Travelers
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Amulet: Seraph's
    Ring: Stone of Jordan
    Ring: Perfect Nagalring
    Shield: Herald of Zakurium
    Weapon: Heart of the Oak

Now I am just looking for Call to Arms and a spirit shield..
    Blessed Hammers are doing 9200-9500 with Concentration Aura on. Open to suggestions. Let me know. :)

My Merc is a Holy Freeze merc from A2. He wields insight and does 900-1800 Damage with concentration on.
    He also uses Andariel's Visage and griswold's heart..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Re: Help with hamdin.

Well for Expansion there is the ever popular Insight Rune word. I'm assuming you play ladder due to the fact that you speak of getting an Enigma.

Ingisght gives a lv 12-17 mediation aura (correct me if I am wrong). That is the only piece of advice I can give you.

3. GMonz

GMonz IncGamers Member

I advise you to get the expansion asap! Also, if you plan on having other characters - to get them rushed prior to switching to expansion since you can get their forges quicker :) BUT don't do the quest until you get the expansion so you can potentially get some nice runes.

4. Suckmyhammar

My equipment has changed. I am looking for 2 SoJs. Not alot to trade.. Let me know if you can help me MF them.. The following has changed: Belt: Sigon's Belt. I also leveled up significantly. But if someone can help me get some SoJs, I will be grateful. I play in US West.. I am a ladder char. Updating that now. Let me know if you wanna party up. :)

5. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

:welcome: to the forums

there is a player matchup forum for, well player matchups, and your trading forum might have a "help me" thread aswell.

How exactly can someone help u MF SoJ's?

Sure someone can help you mf, but aiming at a particular drop is nigh on impossible, sure you can run the boss/area most likely to drop it, but that hardly guarantees anything.

You'd be much better served gathering wealth via the normal route and trading for a soj than hoping for one to drop.

6. Suckmyhammar

Just got Expansion.. Currently working for baal runs.. Now level 41.. I don't know why the hell everyone wants runes.. Some of them are good, but I don't see the point in some.. If someone wants to teach me the new features about the expansion, whisper me on US West.. Stiksnstons..

7. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Hoto is really easy to get in this patch. I found 2 vex this ladder they are not that hard to get well maybe my luck. But enigma will be a real problem. Just mf and see if something happens some day but I cant get to that part here.

8. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Max blessed hammer first, then consertation, then holy shield and finally vigor. Rest of the points go to blessed aim.

9. Suckmyhammar

Holy shield is good for hamdins? I am currently updating my post.. I know it jacks up your defence. Does it help block rate? Just nabbed a perfect Nagel this morning! I also found a 40s Stormshield Monarch. My luck is coming back. Just did a nightmare countess run and nabbed an Amn.. Not sure if that is good. I think my best is Ko.. Thanks guys!

10. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Stormshield's can't have 4 sockets being unique - regular monarchs can, but those are used for every class other than paladins as they can get 4os shields with res mods with much lower requirements.

Holyshield is standard on Hdins. It does improve your chance to block and block rate.

Oh - no need to express that you DO NOT Duel. It's pretty clear you're new to all this, so no one would expect you to be pvping, and anyone who'd want to duel you would be desperate for easy kills - you aren't geared for pvp regardless of your d2 knowledge.

Once you get more of your gear, you'll end up respecing so don't be too concerned with your current skill/stat placement.

11. Suckmyhammar

I just had a major update, with the help of my new friend, he helped me get geared up.. Updating the original post now.. Yeah thats what I meant about the monarch, but I was talking about stormshield with a friend. Simple error.. But anyway, a good friend of mine hooked me up with crazy armor.. I owe him big time. :)