Help With Griswold Zealer

Genhout

Banned
Help With Griswold Zealer

Hi all,
I am going to build a griswold zealer and i have some questions about the gear i should use ( besides gris set :lol: )

I was thinking about :

highlords for amu ( for the deadly strike )
raven frost and carrion wind for rings ( AR, Dex and LL )
not sure of belt need some suggestions
dracul's grasp for gloves

is this a good setup or would u suggest other gear ?

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Ammy: Yes
Gloves: Yes
Belt : Verdungo

Carrion Wing is a pathetic ring on any class, use manald if you need mana leech or another ravenfrost, zealers don't really need mana leech and holy shield lasts minutes.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
Carrion Wing is a pathetic ring on any class
My bowazon has it in her stash, for cases where she doesn't want to use Nature's Peace...

It's mostly because I don't really know what 2nd ring to use, though --- the CtC Twister goes well with the *Wind*force :)

Genhout

Banned
Omikron8 said:
Ammy: Yes
Gloves: Yes
Belt : Verdungo

Carrion Wing is a pathetic ring on any class, use manald if you need mana leech or another ravenfrost, zealers don't really need mana leech and holy shield lasts minutes.
isn't the life leech on the carrion wind a good thing for a zealer ?

other question : what runes should i punt in the gris set items' sockets ?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Carrion wind isnt that bad imo. For fast hitters, like zealers, the twisters trigger quite often, and even though they only stun enemies for a short while, it at least interrupts their attack.
So basically, you stop enemies from hitting you a bit, which can be a lifesaver when surrounded.

The lvl21 poison creeper charges can also be funny to synergize rabies if you are playing a druid. Very useful, and underrated ring.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
My bowazon has it in her stash, for cases where she doesn't want to use Nature's Peace...

It's mostly because I don't really know what 2nd ring to use, though --- the CtC Twister goes well with the *Wind*force :)
That is why all my zons use a tal's mask with IAS jewel. It frees up all my other equipment for stuff besides leech.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Genhout said:
isn't the life leech on the carrion wind a good thing for a zealer ?

other question : what runes should i punt in the gris set items' sockets ?
The life leech on dracul's should be more than sufficient. The lifetap it triggers should also be sufficient as long as you have 80%+ chance to hit.

Shield: 3 pdiamonds or 3 UM Runes
Weapon: (Assuming you are using level 20 Fanat, which means you DON'T need any extra IAS), 4 ED jewels or Ber runs if you are rich
Armor and Helm: Mix of defensive jewels/runes, magic find stuff, whatever

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
That is why all my zons use a tal's mask with IAS jewel. It frees up all my other equipment for stuff besides leech.
Well, that would be even worse :) I only had the 2nd ring slot (I'm a bit low on resists, so I guess the day I find a nice rare ring with lots of resists... although I've come to like the "what I kill stays down" mod on Nature's Peace...), it would be terrible to not know what to put in all the other slots :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The set already gives you +100% allres, so after fulfilling all Anya quests, you only need 45%. That means, even 3 pdiamonds in the shield are far too much.

I guess I would equip him like this:

Sockets: 2 pdiamonds in the shield, %ed jewels everywhere else
Belt: T-God's
Boots: Goreriders
Gloves: Dracul's
Rings: Ravenfrost, dual leech ring (3% ML is enough), if possible with 7% allres
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Weapon switch: Gimmershreds + Moser's (PDiamond+Eld)

Res calculation: 100% from the set, 38% from the pdiamonds in the shield, 7% from the ring (or from an allres LC) -> max res

A paladin can RIP monsters with his redemption aura (a one-point wonder), but a Nature's Peace in the stash won't hurt, just in case the monsters are too tough to be killed without fanaticism and the corpses have to be destroyed immediately.

Genhout

Banned
krischan said:
The set already gives you +100% allres, so after fulfilling all Anya quests, you only need 45%. That means, even 3 pdiamonds in the shield are far too much.

I guess I would equip him like this:

Sockets: 2 pdiamonds in the shield, %ed jewels everywhere else
Belt: T-God's
Boots: Goreriders
Gloves: Dracul's
Rings: Ravenfrost, dual leech ring (3% ML is enough), if possible with 7% allres
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Weapon switch: Gimmershreds + Moser's (PDiamond+Eld)

Res calculation: 100% from the set, 38% from the pdiamonds in the shield, 7% from the ring (or from an allres LC) -> max res

A paladin can RIP monsters with his redemption aura (a one-point wonder), but a Nature's Peace in the stash won't hurt, just in case the monsters are too tough to be killed without fanaticism and the corpses have to be destroyed immediately.
could you give some backup on ur thundergod's choice ? :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
T-God's lightning absorb and maximum lightning resist is very useful versus gloams/souls (Baal runs). Its +20str+vit isn't that bad either. If you don't want to go there anyway, you can use Nosferatu's or String of Ears instead. BTW, IMO Verdungo is worse than a String of Ears for a PvM melee character.

That reminds me to add a 10% lres SC to your inventory as well :)

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Another (although very expensive, and probably far more trouble than it's worth) suggestion for sockets would be 1 Lo and 2 Vex Runes in Armour, 2 Ohm Runes in Helm, 2 Ums and a Lo rune in the Shield. Also, since you probably would be using a Raven Frost and Tgods this would make you very hard to kill by elemental damage - 95 Light Res, 20 Light Absorb, 85 Fire Res, 85 Cold Res 20% Cold Absorb.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Going for higher maxres isn't a good idea with Griswold's set. GA is far cheaper, so you better concentrate on other things with the sockets.

Genhout

Banned
Masas said:
Another (although very expensive, and probably far more trouble than it's worth) suggestion for sockets would be 1 Lo and 2 Vex Runes in Armour, 2 Ohm Runes in Helm, 2 Ums and a Lo rune in the Shield. Also, since you probably would be using a Raven Frost and Tgods this would make you very hard to kill by elemental damage - 95 Light Res, 20 Light Absorb, 85 Fire Res, 85 Cold Res 20% Cold Absorb.
lol, i'm happy ive got 7 ist atm so i wont be able to put those runes in items just jet...