Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help With Godly Bow Zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Phex, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Phex

Phex IncGamers Member

Help With Godly Bow Zon

Hey everyone this is my first time making a bow zon.. well a zon all together

so fair i have gathered my gear is (lvl 75)
    1x Zon Torch
    1x P Faith GMB
    1x WF with 40% ED + 15 IAS
    1x Gore Rider
    1x Nosferatu's
    2x BK
    1x Sandlers gloves
    1x Dream
    1x Fort
    1x Cats eye
    2x 251 sc psn
    2x 100 sc psn
    1x 50 sc psn

Skill layout
    20x strafe
    10x Crit
    10x Pierce
    10x Dodge
    10x Avoid
    10x Evade
    10x Valk

Stats
    str: enought for gear (110)
    dex: all in
    vit 100
    eng: base

Ok problem.... i only deal about 1k-4k (doesn't matter what bow) and low res

Question how can i increase my bow damage? and Also what would be the best gear for a bow merc (p.s. i am a strafer)

My thought on best gear for me plus merc gear (I could be wrong and please tell me)

Me
    1x Vamp (for leech and DR)
    1x Fort
    1x WF
    1x Nosferatu's
    2x BK
    1x Gore Rider
    1x Drac
    1x Cat's eye

Merc
    1x Dream
    1x Fort
    1x Faith (what bow can a merc use? It can't use a GMB... so what can it use)

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Ditch both and grab yourself a Ravenfrost and a nice dual leech ring.
    LoH>Sanders
    I assume this is PvM?
    Any bow (not crossbow) that is not an Amazon-only bow.

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

4. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

I would strongly recommend Multishot over strafe as you r main skill, they are good for different areas but multi is far better overall imo. There is no need to put 10 in avoid, evade and dodge. Just get them to around 50% chance for each with +skills included.

5. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

the OP wanted more damage, MS will give even less damage

as someone proposed earlier. ditch the BK's, since it looks like you aren't poor in any way, go for a dexed dual leech ring and a 20dex ravenfrost.

another reason you aren't dealing that much damage is because you are using act1 merc. alot of the bowazons like myself go for a might + pride act 2.

6. Leohappy

this is definitely not true
    try doing a CS run with strafe and then another with multi

you'll immediately notice ms is MUCH MUCH more powerful :grin:
    strafe shines when there are small packs (up to 5) and single creatures, but as soon as you're targetting a larger group ms will leave strafe in a cloud of dust

of course, this is the case with faith bows, which usally shoot at insane speeds

a classical wf / buri based zon prolly does make considerably better use of strafe, but that's basically offtopic here

and btw, it has been mathematically proven (can't find the topic though) that act1 faith merc+wfzon actually does more dmg than faithzon+might merc using conc; at least at lvls higher than 90 and a dexazon (maximum dexterity build)
    so either way it works, although most go for the act2 merc

7. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Act2 might merc with pride is very good, but also very expensive, but that seems to be no problem for you looking at your item list. A very good alternative though and much much cheaper is reapers toll. In most situations it is equal to pride in some it's even better (PIs)

8. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

yup reapers are probably the second best, insane damage for such an inexpensive weapon, and the decepify is godly wen handing PI's.

i know what you mean. :shocked: but just focusing on pure dmg. strafe is more.

in regards to faith + wf combo, ur probably right, never tried though. people prefer act 2 merc because of the tankage...most zons are glass built. 1 extra tank = 100% more survivability.

9. ubermoose

ubermoose IncGamers Member

I actually prefer war travs to gores.

The 10% extra ds doesnt add to your already quite high crit chance, instead it is treated as a seperate roll, making it even less useful. And with high ed items, forti/120-45 etc.. the +10-25 damage on wts really gives a damage boost.

This might not be true for booses where the cb and ow will be quite important, but for killing normal monsters with your current setup, they will probably be dead before ow has run its course anyway.

10. mnrick

mnrick IncGamers Member

MS v. Strafe

I am at level 90, and pretty much can solo everything, so I put my last SP into Strafe (Level 13 with mods). I have to say it is a different experience. Fun fun fun. I use an A1 merc with BOTD bow. She never dies and gets some good kills (though she doesn't always follow me).

I also have a level 33 Valk for a tank. One thing that helps with crowds is I use a Delerium helm. One shot and pretty much nothing is attacking me. Not the best PVP build, but I can rock through the CS in about 5 minutes.

11. Leohappy

indeed it does, as it's basically treated as being added to base damage of the bow

kindof like maxdmg charms, which on my zon add 60 to max dmg for a single 3max dmgsc-so if you use 10x 3max scs you improve your maxdmg by a stunning 600pts! (this may not look like much compared to other classes, but you have to remember the bowzons dmg - particularly multishot - is spread over many targets)