Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with Diablo?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by xenothaulus, May 25, 2008.

1. xenothaulus

xenothaulus IncGamers Member

Help with Diablo?

I'm playing a 35 Bonemancer, working on maxing out Skeleton Mastery, Raise Skeleton and CE. Currently I'm at 13 SM, 10 RS, 5 Mage, 3 Summon Resist (gear), and usually have a blood golem summoned, with a2 defense merc. I use decrepify (1) for my curse.

Now, up to the is point it's been a complete breeze; I haven't had any problems, and rarely have I had to resummon anything. Even Mephisto was a cakewalk, I only lost 4 of my skeletons and none of my mages, merc and golem were still around too. All the uniques in Diablo's lair that are spawned from activating the seals frequently were dead without me even noticing.

Diablo wipes out my army in mere seconds. I mean, if he's anywhere on my screen, my guys drop like flies. I've never had this much difficulty with Big D, but this is my first necro. Does he just not like summoned things? He won't follow me into the "wings" of his lair, so I can't lure him into them and CE him to death (not to mention I've been trying to keep the corpses for back-up summons, not that it's seemed to matter all that much.)

What am I doing wrong? I know I could level up, or join a group, or get rushed, but that's not the point. Or is it? Is he that much tougher than everything else and I've just never realized it? Does the game make him wipe out my summoned things to "make it harder?" Someone help!

2. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Re: Help with Diablo?

Diablo is very hard for players who rely on AI to defeat enemies (like summoners or squires), since AI's don't know how to dodge his lightning. Strange how you can be such a high level when coming to diablo. I was lvl 27 when I beat him. Anyway do you have revives? I don't know if crushing blow from urdars works on diablo, but you can try. Ranged attackers like flayers may work too if they're far away enough so that the lightning doesn't hit them, but I don't know if they have enough range. I think the best thing is that your summons attack diablo from one side, while you distract him on the other side. Try to use curses to your advantage too.

3. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

Diablo is probably going to be quite a pain in the *** without dumping a heap of points into summon resist. I'm guessing he wipes your skellies out even with the ring of fire. A fire golem would probably be your way to go vs the big D. It is most likely going to take a while, but he should be able to do the job, since IIRC the attacks will rather heal him than kill it. You could also try using lower resist or sth.

However, I still believe you will be having a hard time without having points in a secondary bone/poison attack.

4. xenothaulus

xenothaulus IncGamers Member

I mistyped, his level is 25 actually. And I thought about the AI thing after I posted- the problem is exactly that: they're too dumb to get out of the way and so they get fried. What the fire doesn't get, the red lightning finishes off. I guess I'll just join up with some people and do it that way; my rank 1 teeth is going to take too long. Thanks for the advice anyway.

5. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

Hello,

Diablo and all other act bosses do something like 8 times more damage than "normal" enemies to your summons and mercenary. While the obligatory 1 pt. in Summon Resist greatly assists your skeletons, before you have plus-to skills to augment this as in higher difficulty levels it will not be enough to protect them.

This is what makes Diablo normal one of the most the most difficult battles in the entire game. Diablo in Nightmare in comparison will not be nearly as difficult.

What worked for me was finding a unique wand called Ume's Lament which gives you +2 to Decrepify and +3 to Attract. Decrepify in combination with Clay Golem will make Diablo much more manageable (this will also work on all other act bosses in all difficulty levels). Just keep re-casting the golem as you need and keep Diablo Decrepified and he will be moving much more slowly.

Then, all you have to do is find a way to damage him and you will be fine (ha ha ha). Personally, I used a plus to Bone Spirit random rare head. With the plus skills that I had it was like level 5 or 6 Bone Spirit. It took a long long time but eventually it worked.

I did of course have to town portal to safety many many times, but this cannot really be avoided at this stage of the game.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

An old tactic that still works is casting CG and IM and patiently waiting for Diablo to finish himself off.