Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with DC?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Phantom_Man, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

Help with DC?

So I was sick today. I decided to do soem Andy runs. I go down to Cat 2, and 2954 Soj's sold. About 2 seconds later, he walks. Just wondering if somebody could help.

Game is Gyto3/4

Phantom- :drink:

I'm on West BTW.

2. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

Wish i was not at work phantom, wishing you a perfect annilius.

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Man I almost played hookie today myself, I'd love to help you with him. I know my lvl 86 hammerdin can take him down. Fire & Lightning resists at 90, dwarf star, max block, 9K damage per hammer. I've never even seen Uber Diablo yet. :(

4. Phantom_Man

Yeah, my ** Hammerdin would love him, but only 55 Fire res and no absorb.

5. Phantom_Man

Stimm came and helped. Lower res melted DC.

16/14/5 Anni.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

And the "mighty" DC is history. Congrats Riley. 2 sorcs ( orb and fireball ) and lower res wand and 30 seconds later.

7. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

See, its all about luck or patience.

Hey Zappa, give me a whisper sometime tonight or tomorrow. *corndog

I will be hunting this weekend again most likely and you can come along if you like. Might just get a nice gift too.

8. Phantom_Man

It's my 5th Anni(sort of.)

My first was 13/18/7 and I use it on my hammerdin. 2nd one I gave away to a friend. 3rd one was stolen by pickit. 4th was traded to a friend for some debt I had with him. 5th... [deleted by ZappaFan as he points his finger towards another more appropriate forum] :D

So out of a total of 5, I plan to keep...1.

9. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I'm playing with my untwinked team (Team UGLY) on East tonight, and tomorrow night I'll be at an Arena Football game (Go Tampa Bay Storm!) until about 8 PM Pacific time (11 here in FL). I'll try you when I get home from the football game. Friday night might be the ideal time if you're on from 9 PM PST or later.

I'd just like to help somebody kill Uber D. I don't even care about getting the charm - well, OK, that's not exactly true, of course I'd love to get one of those charms, but as much as anything I'd just like that chance to fight him. It's like having an unexplored part of the game that I just haven't been able to get to. I spent three hours twiddling in a Hell game one night that had the soj counter slowly going up for a long, long time. Then it stopped but nothing happened. I waited another half hour with no more soj counter updates before I left the game. Heck I ran Baal, cleared Chaos Sanctuary, killed Meph, Shenk, Pindle, Snapchip, Frozenstein, Countess, cleared Pit, Mausoleum, Ancient Tunnels... and a partridge in a pair tree!

10. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Now that is a long waiting list... its all bout the proper timing and patience.

11. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Yes hunting the clone can be a long wait. I have seen games listed as "active" take over 12 hours to walk. As a Clone busting veteran all I can say is if you want an annihilus then you either need to be prepared by trading for sc soj and setting up a game for yourself using 2 comps or having a friend help. Or you must be ready to pick a server that is active and stay on it til he walks. I have now fought the clone many many times with my barb both for my own charms and helping my clan mates (and once helping a random person in the mIRC channel for clone spawning on the east). The time from entering a game til when I have seen a clone has varied from immediately (was just making a game to get the hell hellforge for a character not hunting the clone and hit a server just as it walked) to over 12 hours a few times (those are times when I put a char on one of my laptops to idle in a game that I found that was listed as active or that I saw soj sold in)

(ps they ever going to update the clone info on this site? It is definately linked to soj sold on a specific server. I know because I have personally spawned him now. The selling of a soj sends the soj sold message to all games on that server and when the magic soj is sold the diablo walks message is seen on all games on that specific server.)

Congrats on the charm phantom. Too bad you are on the west. On the east you could have called on the Clone Busters ;).

On that note time for me to head back to D2. Will just leave with this modified song:

You're all alone and D Clone spawns. Who you gonna call? Clone Busters!!
    Soj being sold in your neighborhood. Who can you call? Clone Busters!!

Don't get caught alone no no Clone Busters!!

12. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

I would wager that I'm on Friday night, depends a little on the Mrs., but I will at least be on hunting for the soj counter. I am on West coast time and usually play till 11-12PM Pacific on Friday and Saturday nights. I also love to play Saturday and Sunday mornings, my wife and kids usually sleep in till past 10 and I'm usually up by 7, so I get in about 3 hours on those mornings. Like I said in other posts, I have the most luck on weekends finding soj games. Then its mostly patience for the spawn.

As for the game you had, most likely the seller abandoned if the messages just quit. Sometimes they take a break from selling though, so you have to just wait awhile to see if they reappear. Sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, that is where your patience comes in. It helps a ton to have an extra computer to sit on games while you play in other games. Just got to remember to move the charachter around once in awhile.

Talk to you then tomorrow and hopefully we have a little luck on our side.

Corn

13. Phantom_Man

We have our own Clone Busters on West. I think the count is like 59. I've only participated in about 10 of these though.

Zappa, my first DC fight was a letdown. I though he would be tough. Get a tank, and a few sorcs and he's easier than Corpsefire at level 10. Once when he spawned, I purposefully suggested to have no tank, to see how much more fun it was. Most exciting PvM battle of my D2 career.

14. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Im currently building a Zeal Pally to solo him. Im looking forward to the mano a mano fight already. Bring it DClone

15. Phantom_Man

You're going to use your hand to kill DC? Good luck.

16. Lu The Confused

Lu The Confused IncGamers Member

i've only helped with the DC once ...
    got a message from a buddy if i could help out ...
    i said "as long as he's in act1!" since i had just gotten to hell diff
    anyways, he was there in ye olde pit or cave or some such ...
    i was playing a hammerdin, my buddy was a necro
    there was a barb also in the game, but he just gave me BO and hid around a corner :p
    anyways, i just walked up to him, held down my mouse key for awhile and about 6 full juvies later, out pops an annihilus charm
    we just looked at it on the ground a bit
    since it was my buddy's game and all, i just tp'd to town
    later he told me the stats but i've forgotten since then
    i hope it was a nice one!
    i'd like to get one eventually, especially for some of my resistance challenged goobers, but it's no big deal
    alot of them wear pretty ghetto gear anyways
    latah,
    lu