Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with color scheme on druid rare helms

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by HuggieTheBear, Apr 30, 2008.

1. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Help with color scheme on druid rare helms

I need help with what the colors mean for each unidentified rare druid pelt. I believe red means + life but what do the other colors mean? Also, does ilvl affect how high the stats will be if its a red helm (for instance will it always be over 30 life with an ilvl of 99)? Thanks in advance! :prop:

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Help with color scheme on druid rare helms

Just guessing but...
    Blue=CtC frost Nova
    Green=+2Druid skills
    White=Visionary mod
    Brown=Enhanced defense
    Red=Life like you said

I'm bad at ilvl stuff no help there

3. HuggieTheBear

Hey, at least you gave me an idea. I had no clue whatsoever before you said that. Thanks a million. Hopefully someone knows more indepth knowledge about the color schemes so I can see how different lvls affect the underlying stat.

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Ilvl has no effect on the quality of the mod spawned - it just increases the number of possibilities. For example, grand charms: an Ilvl 80 one allows you to spawn up to 40 life, where as an Ilvl 99 one allows you to spawn up to 45 life. Regardless, both the Ilvl 80 and the Ilvl 99 are still capable of spawning 5 life. Just because you have an Ilvl 99 pelt does not mean in any way that if life spawns, it will be over 30. Any possible amount can spawn.

Dark Gold/Brown
    +66% to +80% Defense
    +81% to +100% Defense
    +101% to +200% Defense
    +11 to +15 to Energy

White
    +1% to Attack Rating per Level

Light Yellow
    +2 to Light Radius

Crystal Blue
    +0.75 to Mana per Level
    10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova when struck
    12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck
    14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Light Blue
    5% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nova when struck

Light Gold
    +2 to Summoning Skills (Druid only)
    +2 to Elemental Skills (Druid only)
    +2 to Shapeshifting Skills (Druid only)
    +3 to Shapeshifting Skills (Druid only)
    +3 to Elemental Skills (Druid only)
    +3 to Summoning Skills (Druid only)

Crystal Green
    +2 to Druid Skills

Crystal Red
    +31 to +40 to Life
    +41 to +60 to Life
    +0.75 to Mana per Level
    +0.75 to Life per Level
    +0.5 to Life per Level/+0.25 to Mana per Level

5. HuggieTheBear

You are a god send!

Ok, So if I wanted a white pelt (ilvl 99) to have these stats:

-+2 to druid skills
    -+2 open sockets
    -the ar it comes with

-+41-60 life
    -+3 to rabies automod
    or
    -+3 wolf

How would I best achieve this? Rolling the pelt? Mass purchasing white pelts (which I am doing currently)?

Also, if I rerolled the pelt would it retain that AR% per level? So a green pelt would always have +2 to skills? Just wondering how rerolling affects the rare pelt. Would I need to knock down the ilvl of the pelt to acheive the low lvl automods (sounds like a transformer to me). Alright, thanks for any advice I am really getting into this rare item hunting stuff.

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

You don't need an Ilvl 99 pelt for this... Ilvl ~70+ is more than enough. Also note that max life on a rare Druid pelt is 40.

Getting the +2 Dudu/2os/Visionary/(any amount) Life shouldn't be that hard... it's around a 1 in ~100,000 chance, which is doable. However, when you consider getting the appropiate automods, it becomes quite tricky.

When you re-roll something, all its previous stats are removed, and a new set is given to it. Just because it's white at the moment doesn't mean it'll stay white when you re-roll it.

A green pelt will always have +2 Dudu skills, but if you re-roll it, if the +2 Dudu doesn't spawn again, it will no longer be green. Hope that makes sense.

In my opinion, whether you re-roll it or mass purchase it makes trivial difference, as scoring one of those will require some patience. If you can purchase them easily, cheaply, and frequently, then I would rather buy them then re-roll them.

As for optimizing your chances... I really can't say. From my current knowledge, I would say you your best chance is in imbuing, after which comes buying/running high density regions. If you're lucky, someone like RTB/Krischan/Orphan/helvete/stephan will come along and tell you. :grin:

7. HuggieTheBear

Ok, I will just mass buy them for now I already have purchased around 500 so far. I guess I can easily get another 2 thousand through purchasing. I just wanted to see what gave me the best odds. Also, someone has the one helm already with the fury on it. I just dont want to paying 7.5k forum gold but I might ending up doing just that.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Just as a heads up, it is advised to talk about competing sites as little as possible. Use them all you want, and mention them discretely if you must, but they shouldn't be mentioned by full name or linked to.

BTW are you spending resources on unid pelts going by colour?

9. HuggieTheBear

Yes I am. I am getting at least 1 pack full (22 pelt) at a time. Usually, they are White, Green or Red. I don't really need the mods for the other helm colors. I am trying to get really good fury, rabies and windie helms. For my 3 druids that are being made.

Ps. Thanks for the heads up. I never understood why they were so sensitive about mentioning another site when its obviously not to take away trades or take away business from them. I guess trading websites are just overzealous.

Thanks, for the great input so far!
    -Huggie

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The moderators work in mysterious ways. I'm pretty sure it has to do with real money vs game currency and differences as to what 3rd party programs are acceptable. Anyways, rules are rules, and the heads up was just to save the mods and you some hassle because of a misunderstanding. That happens all the time.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Different sites accept different practices. We're quite picky here about trying to eliminate scams and dupes as much as is reasonably practical. Most other sites couldn't give a stuff and that's why we don't want them pimped here.