Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with classic v1.00

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PinkeyandtheBrain, Jun 15, 2005.

1. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Help with classic v1.00

Ok im trying orriginal version v1.00 classic straight from the battlechest and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for build/gear finding.
    thanks

2. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

I can't really help :uhhuh: other than to say that if you can't find your answers here, you might try the Classic Forum.

3. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

sorry didnot realize that their was a classic forum thanks ill soon upgrade to 1.10 expac soon(next few days anyway)

4. Shakes

Shakes IncGamers Member

1.00 has quite a few bugs (including crash bugs) although my memory is hazy as to exactly what they are. If you really want to give pre-expansion classic a go, try patch 1.06, the last before LoD was released. It's much better balanced and well tested, and still quite a good game. Playing in 640x480 is actually quite fun, you have to be a lot more on your toes since you get a lot less warning about oncoming enemies.

Whirlwind barbs are really good in classic, simply because before the expansion weapon speed didn't matter for whirlwind speed. This means that you can use a big slow spear, for its high range and damage, and suffer no downsides. The sorc is also quite strong, due to no limit on static field, no base immunities (only resistances) and no timers. You can static things down to nothing and finish them off with the spell of your choice.

That said, if you're not playing for nostalgia or a change of scene, upgrading to 1.10 classic is probably more useful, since the character you build is likely to be actually useful in 1.10 LoD. The good builds in 1.06 generally didn't traslate well even into 1.07/1.08/1.09, let alone the synergy world of 1.10.

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Actually that's probably not the best idea.

I went there and asked around when it first came about, and it turns out, it's not for all versions of classic, but people who want to play 1.10 classic. Instead of just regular expansion players.

Unless it's changed in the past month or so.