Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with C/C PS 'Sin build

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TraxisX, Mar 18, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Help with C/C PS 'Sin build

Hi guys. I'm making a C/C PS/DC Assy, but I need some help with skills.

Here is what I plan on so far:

20 DC
    20 PS
    20 CoT
    20 SM
    1 DF, MB, BoS, Fade

Rest of the points will probably go into WB and CM. Will this be viable in Hell? Here is a rough outline of the equipment I plan on using:

Tal's Mask/Vamp Gaze/Steal Skull (Can't decide)
    'Shael' Bartuc's
    Jade Talon <- (What should I socket in there?)
    Lionheart <- (Any suggestions for what I should put it in?)
    Laying of Hands
    String of Ears
    War Travelers?
    Mara's
    Raven Frost
    Rare ring w/ res?

I get 40% IAS from Shael/LoH and with lvl 1 BoS and my +6 total to Shadow skills, I should hit the 10 FPS breakpoint, right?

Anyone have any suggestions on alternate equipment/skill set up?

2. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

You might try dropping a few points off of Dragon Claw and pumping FoF for bosses. The meteors are extremely powerful against them. You're really only using Dragon Claw for the AR bonus - or at least thats what I was using it for. I'd only put points in Dragon Claw as you need the extra AR, the rest of the points should go into FoF.

Correct about the IAS question.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

as far as the equipment.. get some gore riders, they rock on you kinda build :thumbsup:

definitly go for a vamp gaze, with as much PDR as you can getyour little claws on... you will need it badly in hell.

Jade talon you will use for the res on your non-attacking claw i gues... if your res aren't maxed, socket a shimmering jewel in it (+12 or more to res all)
    otherwise a sheal or amn will do the trick really nice

Lionheart is a runeword, so you can put anything in it anymore... it consits from a 3 sock armor in which you put a hel, lum and fal rune in that order.. but still, a really sweet armor for your build :thumbsup:

about the breakpoints, yourright about that one ;)

good luck with your sin :thumbsup:

robin

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Looks good. Just make sure to be using Cloak of Shadows once you gert to hell. It makes archer packs much safer for the most part. :) Another important thing to FoF other than the meteor spamming that Vajar mentioned (which is VERY fun) is the fact that FoF converts 1% of the physical damage done into fire damage, further helping out against PI's if you charge that skill. That is really only useful if you max FoF, though, which isn't such a bad idea.

Perhaps a build that would give you more elemental damage options would be nice since you won't be doing much physical damage. How about:

20 PS
    20 CoT
    20 FoF
    10+ DC
    1 in each support skill (MB, CoS, BoS, Fade)
    rest in Shadow Master

A Shadow Master can be prebuffed on switch, as can be BoS and Fade--if you're unfamiliarwith that concept, it means that they will maintain their skill levels if you have +skills on claws on your weapon switch. So, if you've got 1 point in shadow master, two +3 Shadow Skills claws each with +3 to Shadow master, you'll cast a shadow master at level 13, and she'll stay that way through her current casting. Same thing works with BoS and Fade.

You will also be able to add points in Dragon Claw as your time progresses to give you more AR when you need it.

Anyway, enjoy your assassin, and keep us posted as to how she's doing! :)

Edit: and I agree mostly with robin on gear selection for a first Assassin. PDR is useful for sure, especially if you haven't made an assassin before, but as you become used to her style of play, which is very strongly based on tactics as opposed to tanking, you'll see that you can get away with less PDR and resists and more offensive gear. Good luck! :)

edit: and with the frequency with which you attack, the mods on the gore riders are super-useful for you. OW does about 2200 non-resistable damage at clvl90.

5. Hergrom

Hergrom IncGamers Member

I take it you're planning on spamming chain lightning based upon the 20 points in CoT. Be aware that dual wielding claws makes it more difficult to consistantly get the 2 PS charges needed for chain lightning. My suggestions for skills are:

PS 20
    CM 10 (Not as good as DC for AR or damage, but good for crits)
    DC 10+
    FoF, CoT, BoI - Choose a synergy and go with it. 1-20 as desired.
    WB - 7 to 10, no more as +skills will take care of the rest.
    SM - 5 to 10, with pre-buff you want a level 17+ shadow.
    Venom - 1 to 20. Very potent maxed on dual claw attacks. Pre-buff with CoS and SM.
    BoS - Whatever you need to get your desired breakpoint.
    CoS, MB, Fade - 1

Personaly, I like spamming meteors, so I would synergize FoF.

Also, you MAY want to consider spending 7 skill points to get Death Sentry. It is not a must, but it can be VERY effective in hell on /players 1.

And to answer your question, a C/C elemental assassin is very Hell viable, but plan on taking your time, as you will never be a killing machine.

Hope this helps.

6. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I'm gonna take a little issue with that killing machine comment. My MA sin, Fawkes is a killing machine compared to all but the hammerdin/sorc which she's close to. I guess she has TS/Dtail as well though.

I like dual claw for CoT, as a complimentar skill for PI's cause it charges really fast 2 dual claw hits and bingo. So I charge it then PS or TS if I see a big mob coming. But the meteors are your boss killer and DS is very useful as Hergrom points out, almost over kill for an MA assassin who dishes out so much damage in the first place.

I'm thinking about dumping points there once I finish TS/DTail. 7-10 WB with +skills will get you into the mid 50's-60 which is great, I have mine at 1, and 50 is fine. I also have a base SM, which probably needs more points, but a good merc with reapers toll and PDR or Damage reduced by X is fine so far. My build is very offensive oriented, I think Hergrom is leading you to a more well-rounded assassin, which if it's your first would be the best. You can supercharge one once you get the feel of how she drives.

7. Hergrom

Hergrom IncGamers Member

Well, I can agree a TS/Dtail assassin is a killing machine. I have never actually tried one, but I have done the math, and the numbers are quite impressive. But the question here was about a c/c - DC assassin, so I based my suggestions on that premise

Fafner's right, meteor is the boss killer, with the exception of Baal. He never seems to stand still long enough. I have not quite figured out the best method for him. Probably chain lightning if you can keep yourself in mana. I am assuming no kicking skills here.

We should probably mention here that you really should have a Jade Talon as your second claw to have appropriate resists in Hell. Unless, of course, you can get your resists through rings/ammy/charms/armor etc. Being a c/c assassin, you are gonna want to use BoS instead of fade *most* of the time, and resists are always gonna be an issue.

8. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

The cheesy way to get Baal to stand still is to use a slow's target 50% item. The Generals tan do li ga, Woestave, Kelpie snare, and so on. Decrepify should work too so maybe a merc with Reapers Toll, someone can confirm this.

9. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm still not 100% sure on which route I am going to go, but I have a much better idea now.

10. Hergrom

Hergrom IncGamers Member

Just remember, there are no *wrong* routes here. Any focused assassin build seems to be Hell viable in 1.10.

Good luck, and have fun!