Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Flamme, May 8, 2008.

1. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

Help with build

So I'm planning on making a new sorceress. I played this game a long time ago (before LoD came out) and got to Diablo with a barbarian and an amazon. My sorceress never even made it into act II.

So I bought the expansion, upgraded to 1.11, I enjoy playing my druid, but I thought I needed a bit diversion and try out a sorceress. What build would be good for PVM? It's gonna be pure so it must be a build that don't need alot of great gear to perform well.

Also I heard some mobs are physical immune, is that so with magic also and how do you kill them? Or are they only immune to one school and so you should focus on maybee more than 1 tree? I cheched a little around and found most builds only recomand 1 or no points in warmth. When I played earlier I ran out of mana all the time, I must have made more than 10 trips bavk to the camp just to complete Tristram, lucky the waypoint was just next to the magic stones. I don't belive in maxing it, but it looks good to put in a few points in it for reducing down time or is that totally not an issue at hihger lvls?

Also how much should you use on stats? I assume non in dexterity and just enugh to equip the armor you will wear in strenght(though not sure how much that will be), but how do you divide it between energy and stamina? Some mobs put out lots of dmg and I don't do any dmg while dead, but I dont' do much without mana either.

2. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Re: Help with build

The Sorceress guide library is your friend
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=427018
    As for stats, I like to aim for 84 str (Tals armor, upgraded Vipermagi) if I go block and 156 (Spirit Monarch) if non-block. Enough damage if blocking(adjust accordingly), nothing if vita build, unless you intend to use Wizardspike(then you need 75). I've never put anything on Energy and I don't regret it.

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

There are lots of monsters in hell that are immune to at least one thing. If you're just playing through I'd suggest a meteorb they work well without great gear and can deal with immunities. If you are looking for a mfer meteorb or blizz are both good choices for just starting out.

One point in warmth with plus skills from gear is usually fine for most builds. If you have mana problems put an Insight runeword polearm weapon on your merc.

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

4. Vizian

Vizian IncGamers Member

Pure light sorc is the only recommendable one tree sorc, but weird combos are always fun.

Go make a ChargedBolt/Orber lol. Seriously, go.

5. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member