Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Rodrigo, May 10, 2015.

1. Rodrigo

Rodrigo IncGamers Member

Hello guys!

I'm playing an hybrid amazon, a fishyzon they call her here, and I love her! She's great against crowds, has more survivability that any other of my characters, and having 2 elements and jab, there's almost no enemy she can't deal with. Her only problem is Baal :( I do Baal runs on /players 5, for the exp and ocasional drops, and everything is fine until Lister. But after him I usually just start a new game, because killing Baal takes FOREVER.

She is level 91, has maxed Lightning Fury and Charged Strike (boss killer), maxed Freezing Arrow and Cold Arrow, one point in all passive skills, and leftover points in Lightning Strike, for a small sinergy. Her gear is cheap, I play single player and I haven't done much MFing. Titan's, Stormshield, Lionheart, Thundergod's, Sandstorm, Lavagout for the AR boost from enchant, Ravenfrost, and rare +2 tiara, +2 amulet, and ring, with lots of mana leech. Her merc uses Gladiator's bane, Andy's visage, and eth Great poleaxe Insight, hoping to change it soon for eth Obedience once I find a ring or amulet with more mana leech, so I won't depend on Meditation. A java and a bow skiller on inventory, resistance and FHR charms as necessary.

So, is there anything I could add to her or her merc's gear to improve her killing speed against Baal? Crushing blow, open wounds, an IAS jewel? I'd prefer something permanent, not just a spare weapon on the cube. And also something within my budget, mind you. I have stashed on ATMA many uniques and sets, and runes up to Ist.

Thanx for your advices!

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'm not an expert on fishyzons, but I'll point out a couple things.

Don't do baal at /p5. His experience doesn't get any higher after /p3, and the drops will only be very very slightly better. Even doing him at /p1 is okay, or just skip him. If you can't kill him fast he's generally not worth killing, as his drops aren't generally very good, and the exp is also bad if he takes too long.

I'd think CB and ias on the merc are your best bet. CB is certainly going to be the thing that speeds things up the most since he has so much life. Kinda hard to get very much CB on yourself without changing your gear out.

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

Decrep, CB and CS. Consider crafting some blood gloves. <3 Reapers on a merc!