Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with a new Paly

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Sv_Lorax, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Sv_Lorax

Sv_Lorax IncGamers Member

Help with a new Paly

Hello out there, I have a friend who plays Sorcs and Zons almost all the time. Since seeing all the powerful paladin equipment he has decided to make a paladin. Not being a regular paladin player since early on (before expansion) I was wondering what build would be best for him? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

Hammerdin. There is a guide somewhere here. It's ultra powerful and only takes a minor amount of practice and patience to get efficient with it.

20 Blessed Hammer
    20 Concentration
    20 Vigor
    20 Blessed Aim
    Rest in prerequisites and Holy Shield

Get lots of +skill gear, resists, and enough dex for max block.

And there you have it, the Hammerdin. (See guide in other thread for details)

3. Sv_Lorax

Thanks Cyrus for the reply. What about holy shock or freeze pally. They seem to be a good switch for someone that doesn't enjoy the melee aspect of the game. Are they to hard to use or just not powerful enough. Or do the hammerdins actually rarely go into melee? Thanks again!

4. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

Well, if you don't enjoy Melee then a caster build like Hammerdin is what you want.

I think that shockers, freezers, and other zealish builds are very fun. Avenger is also awesome for a change, especially for party play.

Hammerdin's are often in Melee range, as Hammers can be kinda hard to aim and sometimes just getting into the mix of things is easier.

But with 75% blocking, maxed resists, and nearly all of your stat points in Vitality you'll not have trouble tanking even in hell. The key is to use Redemption after combat since you can't leech easily like melee builds can.

All in all if you don't want to be stuck clicking away in melee-mode, go for a Hammerdin.

5. Sv_Lorax

Excellent, thanks so much for the information Cyrus. Just printed out the build and will give to him tomorrow. Thanks again for your time!!

6. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

No problem. I think he'll enjoy the build a lot, it is very powerful.