Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with a Javazon...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Warlock099, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Warlock099

Warlock099 IncGamers Member

Help with a Javazon...

Ok so I'm planning for my seventh and last character (1 of each class) and I was thinking about a Javazon... Concentrating in LF, first off, is it even possible to beat the game with one.. or do I have to make a hybrid?

What end game equipment should i be looking for, I have my hands on a Thunderstroke which seems good to me. Other than that I dont have much of a clue...

also what skills and merc should i go for?

thx in advance :)

2. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

personally i think that titans revenge is still better than thunderstroke, but nearly nobody agrees with me, but w/e on the realms i have a level 92 pure javazon using lightfury if you want i could give you the pass to the acct and you could check it, as i only have 1.09b on my comp right now and dont wanna upgrade, if you want to email me at [email protected] ill send you a private message for you to put as the title so i know its you ;)

3. Warlock099

Warlock099 IncGamers Member

thx :) anyway does anyone have any other things to add. such as if a pure LF zon is viable in single player, without any help more than twinked eq..

4. balluga08

balluga08 IncGamers Member

I have beaten the game with a javazon maxing only LF and Valk. With level 20 LF and a high level of Pierce groups will die quickly. Through in some points in Decoy, and some in the Dodge/Avoid/Evade line and you are about done. The only thing left is a way do deal with LIs and Bosses. I suggest using a strong bow and guided arrow, it got me though the game, it is slow, but it works.

As for gear, use any javs with increased stack size/replenish quanty, titans revenge is very good, but any will do. Most of your damage will come form LF. You will want to go for max blocking. That is easy with a Rhyme Grim Shield, and max your resists. As for a merc, I used an act 1 fire merc, but it would have been easier with a act 2 defiance or holy freeze merc to take the heat off of me and the valk.

Javazons are fun to play, but are very slow at the beginging. You could/should use a sword for killing until you get a good javilon. After that, have fun. Mine is now my primary MFier, running the pits without much trouble, except for the archers.

Have fun with your javazon.

5. Gouda

Gouda IncGamers Member

Yes a pure LF zon is possible, but keep in mind that you will run into LI monsters in hell, and quite a lot of them. Also, i ususally find LF too mana intensive as a boss killing skill. Charged strike is supposed to be really great for this, since it releases multiple bolts, which will all hit a big target if you stand straight in front of it.

My personal plan is this:

LF: max
    Pierce: 12 (incl. +skills) probaly less if you're planning on using razortail
    Valkyrie: 17 (incl. +skills) maybe MAX later in the game
    Fend: max
    CS: max
    D/E/A: ~50% (incl. + skills)

Yes i chose fend over jab, because it gives a big damage boost and has a flat mana rate. jab does have the quick attacks in succession, so maybe that is a good option as well. My Javazon is now lvl 61 and still doing very well in the three way dance tournament, act IV Nightmare. Will it make it to the end? I don't know, but hey, time will tell. She now has about 10 in fend, max LF and about 10 in Valk. CS will be my last skill to boost. All the passives are at an acceptable lvl.
    The fact that she is doing well with no twinking, and no runewords, set items or uniques gives me good hopes if you are going to twink.

Items:
    get that razortail for 100% pierce
    a high block shield,
    Titans,
    rest: standard
    a few + skills won't hurt, max resist, some leach if you want, etc.
    Since i am playing untwinked, i haven't bothered planning this exactly, but you can fill it in as you want.

Offcourse it is possible to get a bow on switch, but stylish, not really.
    It may work better in the long run with a bow, so give it some thought.

Have fun,

Gouda