Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP, whats the fastest way to level up new sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by GANGSTER., Mar 17, 2004.

1. GANGSTER.

GANGSTER. IncGamers Member

HELP, whats the fastest way to level up new sorc?

:scratch:
    anyone knoe the quickest and easiest way to level up
    a new sorc?
    any special weapons or equipment i need?

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Really nothing special, keep going with what you get unless you have some stuff iin stash. Most fo the Sorc equipment that is usuable (apart form some lowerlvl sets like Angelic, Arcannas) comes available at lvl 22-30. After that from lvl42 and than lvl62.
    before:
    Spire of Lazarus for Lightning builds.

lvl22-33
    Stealth Armor (Tal+Eth)
    Vipermagi
    Suicide Branch
    Lidless
    Whistans
    Visceratuant
    SOJ
    Any +1 staves you can buy at npcs
    Oculus is lvl42
    Good Rare Orbs are also in this lvl range
    Shako is lvl62....

So only from later lvls on will you be weraing the equipment you really awnt to use, before that you try to get along with what you get.

3. ioupain

ioupain IncGamers Member

If you are looking at equipment before getting to lvl 22 i would suggest using sigons and get there as a melee character and using the odd teleport or glacial spike to slow down enmies - i find that this is quicker than using spells in some cases and it stops the annoying words "i need mana". Sigons is easy to equip at about lvl 12 as you can get cathans rings and ammy which will add to str and give you life leach, so you don't have to put more than about 60 in str (enough for frostburns later on). On the other hand if you plan to use stormshield it will be even easier to get the str requirements. Sigon's shield is also useful for the pluss to skills and good block.

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

use the hellforge hammer from level1 to level 10 or so, and its nice if some high level sorc can enchant you, because it can last for 20 minutes, enough for you to kill andy solo at like level 6 (as long as you have nice AR, maybe with charms and +10 ar rings)
    once you go to act2 you can be level 8 or so, and hire a act2 merc and give him dimoaks hew(don't know how its spelt) and then he can kill for you until like level 18, where you get really damaging spells depending on who you are playing as
    and basically stick to areas with the same monster level as your level........ its kind of easy once you get the hang of it

5. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

i just got from lvl 1 to 20 today, using a serpent lord staff. it has 100% mana leech, so 1 hit and your mana goes up quite a bit. this lets u keep casting spells without potions, all u have to do is whack a monster now and then.

6. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

I tend to use Angelic set and later on (between lvl 20-45, until NM) the amu and ring from the set. Gives some nice bonuses. And even the Arctic set could suit you just fine ..... And Serpant is good yeah.... But from atc2 and onward I use a shield so.....

7. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Sigon's set with khnim's fhail is a lot faster because of fast swinging

rings I'd either go for cathan's ring/ammy for 10 str. If you really want to you can go dual cathans, but I'd rather keep one open for resist/mana/life ring

Once you get past lvl 20, do ancients and leech off baal runs

8. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

There's one super weapon for low level chars, and that is Khalims Will. Remember the act3 quests that not many people actually do because they get boosted? If you go through all these quests one more time and mule the resulting weapon before you venture into the Duance, then you can keep it and use it for leveling chars.

Khalims Will will actually kill most act1 monsters in one hit, even in 8 player games. This combined with the superfast attack speed makes for a quite effective low level melee sorc (or every char for that matter)

Getting an Enchantress sorc in the game is even more invaluable. A high level Enchantress can give you 3k+ fire damage on any level char for almost 20 minutes. This results in a one hit killer for most any act on normal difficulty.

9. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Better get level 24 before you do Ancients. Baalruns are only effective beyond level 25 an dthe Ancients will get you that one level needed.

10. thecinow

thecinow IncGamers Member

Let me tell u fastest way to lvl up.................

Let me tell u fastest way to lvl up

1. Go and join to more than 5 ppl gaem and do blood moor runz so every run u get lvl. You can keep these runz up to 8 lvl.
    2. Then go and do tristam (stony field) by urself up to lvl 12.
    3. Next thing is to to join 5 ppl or more game again and do tristam runz there. Now u should get up to lvl 15-16.
    4. After u reach lvl 15-16 go and do sewers runz and arcane runz until u get to lvl 20.
    5. When u get lvl 20 the fastest way is to lvl in cows (8ppl game) or in trav runz (8ppl game). I would say cows b/c u get exp faster.
    6. when u finally reach lvl 25 go do ancients and bal runz.

Hope This was helpful,
    -tH3cIn0W

11. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

The other way to level up a sorc char is simply quest the game. Kill all monsters.

After you have finished an act, for forward to get the town wp, then quit the game. Star a new one and return to the last 2 quests of the previous act and clean them out.

This usually keeps your char level, and monster level close enough to get the max exp for each kill.

Diabloii.net strategy compendium has a great leveling chart that really helped me when leveling my lastest sorc.

12. Dark-LYNX

Dark-LYNX IncGamers Member

Act I Normal: 1-12
    Act II Normal: 2-20
    Act III Normal 20-24 (Travincal Runs or Cow Runs)
    Act V Normal: Ancients at level 24
    Baal runs until you are level 45-55
    Enter in hell at level 75

13. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

don't forget the most godly of all low-level sets

------
    Hsarus
    ------

i know what your thinking..... "Hsarus?!" is this kid on pot?!
    well i am.....errrrrrr...

no now i'm serious hsarus actually owns
    it's only 3 items (shield, boots, and belt) and level 3
    and ever level you gain you get extra defense on both the shield and belt and you gain AR from the boots

you should try full hsarus on high levels..... it's even more godly
    and seriously i'm not kidding, my level 87 druid uses Hsarus, and i NEVER get hit (by norm fallens.....)

try it fellas
    it's great for low and high level people

--------
    HSARUS
    --------

try it.... it's the future today

Roux
    (MUST GET MY ACCOUNT BACK!)

14. inatey

inatey IncGamers Member

once you get to 25 it is easy, just do baal runs... once you get to 20 do travinical runs, to get to 20 solo in act 2 far oasis or magot lair...

15. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Keep low level stuff stashed

One thing I do is keep low level sorc stuff stashed. I made a leaf staff out of a staff with +2 fireball on it, and that fireball gets an immediate boost in helping me to level. I also have a +3 ice blast staff for level 6, and a +3 blizzard for level 24 (if I'm not pumping fireball).

In terms of exp, just join big games and kill, it goes pretty quickly. I dont do trav runs anymore (so boring), so I do act 2 tomb runs.

16. inatey

inatey IncGamers Member

yeah they will work but after lvl 23 they are slow lvling... that is y i do trav... but if u fint them boaring fair enough

17. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Errr...

Err I think just your level difference could explain not getting hit.

I do like the set though. I use the belt and the boots all the time for starting characters - lots of rows for the belt, fast walk and fire resist for the boots.

As for levelling, Im doing a new sorc, and I find that just playing the game (not rushing) makes gaining levels relatively painless. When I get rushed, then try to catch up levels, things seem so slow. Just playing with a party makes the levels fly by.

18. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

tru dat, i just do all the quests (blood raven at level 10 though) with a party

it's so much more fun, probably because of the ever changing scenery

i've never been enchanted, nor done the AII merc thing, i'll try it though

just do cain twice and andy three times you should be about level 15 then

move on to act 2. . .
    just do some quests (all the way) a couple of times and definitely keep pace with the monster levels around you (you get most iirc for monsters +/- 5 levels from yours)

FOR AN EXTREMELY GOOD XP CHART GO HERE:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512

it's detailed like no other and simple too, just stick to the dark blue colors, and you'll be fine with keeping pace with monsters

good luck

Roux

19. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

lvl 1 static owns all through normal. then, use whatever you want to take off the last bit of hps. i used cleglaws, but other people suggest that 1pt telekenesis you have to get for tport.

20. Fray

Fray IncGamers Member

I've used Hsarus before... pretty rad for a low level char starting out.
    My lvl 47 CL/Meteor sorc is still wearing Sigon's set. I'm just going to start switching out stuff now. (I was in the Baal run groove so I didn't switch out as fast as I could.) I can now use my Vampire Magi and Lidless Wall and Lore war hat. (still looking for an Occy...)
    I totally reccomend Sigon's set as the equipment for your low level needs. :drool:
    A sorc can wear it at level 6, but you will need some +Str charms. (Which is what I do.)