Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help w/ my kick sin please

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by HaLoPhReAk, Jun 2, 2005.

1. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk Diabloii.Net Member

help w/ my kick sin please

Hi, I got a level 70 kick 'sin, and mainly what i am focusing on is speed, and life leech. Any tips (changes you would make) would be appreciated. (claw and shield sin)

skills:
    20-dragon talon (put this as left click spell)
    20-Burst of Speed
    1-mind blast
    10-Dragon flight(put this as main right click spell)
    1-shadow warrior (or what lvl 30 one is)
    5-pheonix strike (dont use charge ups tho...)
    Equipment:

Aldurs weapon w/ 3 perf skulls.
    -Stone armor(2100 def)
    -string of ears
    -1 bk ring (other one is the 40 life unique one)
    -Marrow walk boots (high kick damage)
    -getting ss shield, currently have a 75% block 150 def one.
    -steelcasque for high defense and ll and ml
    -for gloves, i have +1 shadow skill gloves, pretty crappy ones besides that tho.

I do about 900 damage per kick, and do 4 kicks per cast, so i'm doing about 3.5k per cast, i think... . I am wondering if i will have a lot of trouble in hell, i am guessing that i will need more resis's. well any who, if you have any tips, or changes that i should do, that would be appreciated :p

account: impulsepainter

-HaLoPhReAk

2. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid Diabloii.Net Member

First thing I noticed was that you dont seem to have any crushing blow at all. A kicker without crushing blow is like a necro without any minions :p

-Aldurs weapon w/ 3 perf skulls. (strength runeword/crescent moon runeword/stormlash are good options)

-Stone armor(2100 def) (duress is an excellent choice)

-string of ears (belt is fine, verdungos also works)

-1 bk ring (other one is the 40 life unique one) (replace dwarfstar with ravenfrost)

-Marrow walk boots (high kick damage) (upped gores/shadow dancers)
    -getting ss shield, currently have a 75% block 150 def one.

-steelcasque for high defense and ll and ml (guillames face!)

-for gloves, i have +1 shadow skill gloves, pretty crappy ones besides that tho. (crafted cb gloves/sould drainers/draculs/venom grip)

If you lack leech a good choice would be crescent moon amulet.
    C-Beat has an excellent guide, although its a kicker/trapper. His build uses dragon talon w/ crushing blow and strong traps to act as a crowd killer.

3. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy Diabloii.Net Member

I would reconsider the 20 point investment in burst of speed. The diminishing returns really start setting in after about lvl 12 or so. I only put 1 point in it on my kicker (lvl 15 after items) and it is just fine. You might squeeze a little extra out with the extra lvls, but I think you find that those points could be better spent on your shadow or something.

You may also want to put a point or two into cloak of shadows. It is a very useful skill for pvm.

And as FrozenSolid said, you really could use some crushing blow. Guilemon's face is an excellent helm that gives awesome crushing blow and some good hit recovery.

Good luck to ya.

4. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk Diabloii.Net Member

thanx a lot for the help, and i will try to get crushing blow, and i will try to get upped gore's, or shadow dancers. further more, does venom add damage to my kick, and is it worth putting in? Also, i am wondering if i should pump into dex str or life. and would there be any better sheild to get than ss. is there any other things (i think steelrends adds crushing blow, but expensive).
    Thanks a lot again.

5. Izo Huio

Izo Huio Diabloii.Net Member