Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help w/ lvl req too reroll godly rares

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Fire_Dragon, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

help w/ lvl req too reroll godly rares

What lvl do I need to be to roll godly mods on rare circlets (using the soj+rare+Pskull recipe) ??

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

It depends on a couple of things.
    1) The item level of the circlet
    2) What you consider "godly"

The ilvl of the circlet after you reroll it will be the original ilvl * 0.66 (rounded down) plus your clvl * 0.66 (rounded down). Circlets have mag_lvl = 3, so the resulting alvl will be that ilvl + 3.

If you tell me what mods you are looking for, I can tell you what alvl you need, and we can work backwards from there.

By the way, I know SoJs have been duped so much that they are being thrown away on the realms, but surely there aren't so many that they're only worth wasting on a rare circlet?

3. Fire_Dragon

Mods I consider godly r +2 skills, shimmering (all resists), 20+ life/mana, LOTS of %mf (as much as possible) and fcr, and + stats (ie. str, eng, vit, dex). Those mods I consider godly. And ya soj r reasonably cheap these days. Maybe 6 months their value will turn around, but I wouldn't count on it...

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

+2 skills is alvl 90
    Prismatic is the best res all mod you can get on a rare circlet and is alvl 42
    Great Wyrm's is the best mana mod and is alvl 37
    Fortuitous is the best MF prefix and is alvl 12

of the Magus is the best FCR and is alvl 29
    of the Colossus is the best life mod and is alvl 30
    of Atlas is the best Str and is alvl 71
    of Perfection is the best Dex and is alvl 59
    of Wizardry is the best Enr and is alvl 31
    of Fortune is the best MF suffix and is alvl 16

I don't know of a +Vita affix except on uniques.

So, you can have at most 3 prefies and at most 3 suffixes.
    Work out the highest level one you want. For example, assume you want to get +2 skills = alvl 90.

That means you need to roll a circlet that is ilvl 87 or higher. Which means you need to have [input ilvl * 0.66] + [clvl * 0.66] = 87 or more.

Assume you get a rare circlet from a level 85 area like the Pit. Then it will have ilvl 85, so that half of the equation is [85*0.66] = 56. So you need to get 87-56=31 more from your clvl. That means your clvl needs to be 31/0.66 = 47 (round up) or higher.

If your starting circlet is from a lower level, you would need to be higher clvl. You can work it out the same way.

Note also that if you keep using the same circlet over and over, its ilvl will converge on your clvl * 2 if you always use the SoJ recipe.

Also this may be obvious but I should point out that there is no way to guarantee you get good mods. It will always be random out of the possible choices. So don't expect a bunch of mods like you list above no matter what your clvl is.

5. Fire_Dragon

Tnx for the help Thrugg. Last thing, promise. I'm using an 81 assassin to roll with and I'm using a rare coronet I got off hell izual. Will this be able to get all of the above mentioned mods? (you lost me in a few places, but thats not tough to do to me :lol: )

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Izual is mlvl 86 in Hell, so the first time you reroll using the SoJ recipe, the ilvl will already be over 100 - which may or may not be capped to 99, not that this matters in your case - and so will be able to get all possible mods.

Remember though that it can get at most 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. So you can't get eg +life, Str, Dex and Eng all at once... at best only three from each of the two groups I listed.