Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help W/e.s Pvp Light Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Saint Sinner, May 8, 2005.

1. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Help W/e.s Pvp Light Sorc

Hey...i need some help with my sorc...i need to know if i should go with max block or PURE energy with my e.s light sorc..ive had 50% of the people i talk to say max block any day and 50% say pure mana...im not sure..Also what ive been told was to max the following skills
    Telekineses
    Lightning Mastery
    Lightning
    (Pump E.S till 95%)
    Charged Bolt
    Not that sure guys...please help out..thanks :)

2. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

3. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Yea thanks i read your guide...so pretty much..have max block...rest into energy max lightning lightning mastery charge bolt max telekineses and get energy shield to 95% reduction?

4. BeefChunks

BeefChunks IncGamers Member

Why are there so many Lightning sorc ES questions recently? I had one of my own, but since then I've decided no max block. Max Block takes a lot of dex ( 150-200) and then only helps agaisnt melee characters. If you end up dueling a caster, you won't last long at all since of your low mana and health.

5. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Correct

It does not take 150-200 dex to achieve max block, it depends on what shield you are using and what you socket it with. Also, adding points in dex does not give you low mana, simply less than one without it.

6. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

So I was thinking Eld Whistans? Dont have to use SS becuz the Str requirement is to stressfull. :thumbsup:

BTW you didnt tell me if the skills i listed were the correct ones too max.

Reply back TY :D

7. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Not that i know much about light e.s sorc's, im asking for help, but max block will save your phanny against melee...which seems to make you a better character because once ur energy shield is gone...your done...unless you have max block...am i correct?

8. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Tank? could u reply? u seem too know the most on this build...:D

9. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Yeah, sorry was a little busy. Yeah, maxing those skills is fine. Eld witstans is my shield of choice for this build and i dont think you will regret going max block expecially when dueling those mellee who just wont be able to hit you :D . About being done once your ES is gone unless having max block....well kinda....if you lose ur mana then get hit by a barbs ww, chances of surving are very slim, even with max block. It comes in handy when they are trying to get your mana down in the first place, for they cannot lower your mana if they cannot hit you :)

10. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Yea, hey thanks alot bro, how hard would it be for me to get a +9 ES Memory? Just a small prebuff before i start ownin in pk... ;) , Also, i was wondering how much exact dex would it take for max block with whistans?

11. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Finding a 9es memory was hard for me and some people will charge alot for one (although i found the problem was finding someone with one rather than paying for it). I got a good deal on mine though, so just keep looking around. I dont remember exactly how much dex it takes sorry

12. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

What did you pay for yours? Lol, is it for sale?

13. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

what is the best weapon for a lightning es sorc?

14. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Mine is not for sale ;) i payed a cold gc, a pnb gc, and an ele gc on west nl

15. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

Yea hey tank, when im pking on my sorc people all calling me newb for maxing block with whistans....they say max block dont matter cuz psn rapes it....so is it REALLY worth it?

16. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Lol, yes it is worth it, to me max block on this sorc is invaluable. You ask if its worth it, but if you are alrady pking you should be seeing the advantages...if your that worried if u made the right decision or not simply take off your shield and use lidless when dueling mellee, you will know right away if you made the right decision or not. BTW, don't listen to everyone you hear on Bnet, most of them have no idea what they are talking about. Oh and you will probably get crap for using things like mal/sol runes (if you are) just ignore it, cuz like i said most people have no idea what they are talking about.

17. Filo01

Filo01 IncGamers Member

please don't go max bloke !! please !! ok i have a lvl 94 light es sorc shes rape pretty much everything (20 telekenises / 1 es / max vita(i'm gona remake her with max mana 4 kicks, so don't burn me about the max vita it was just 4 kick and she still raped / 3 k vita / 33k dmg / 105%fcr )10 gcs with 30+ / 40+ life.

(my new sorc is gona be 200% fcr / max mana / max teleknesis)

READ MY POST !!

18. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Sounds more like some kind of hybrid to me :cool: . Saint Sinner I wrote my guide leaving you with the option to choose max block or not. Your going to hear go for it and your going to hear don't, in the end its your call. Worst comes to worst just remake your sorc, no big deal. Just one last note, when i was dueling any mellee char, my moto was always "no absorb..no chance." Yeah i bit cocky but she really did that good against mellee (and caster btw ;) )

19. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

I just dont understand why my damage is so pathetic, only doing 6 k with lightning at lvl 70...will it change soon?

20. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

What are you wearing? What is maxed at this point and how many points in synergies, how many gcs do u have? Need more info.