Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: trading unique charm

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by whathappen, Feb 1, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Help: trading unique charm

I was hunting when a unique Grand charm dropped from a mob. Forgot the name but increases the MF. I join another game and anotherone drop! I was like: "cool". I ran for it and everyone knows but me:

rule # 1: you can have only 1 of these in your inv.

Luckily I was hunting solo, the other guys where killing big D. So I join the game with anopther char and grab it. I have only 1 MF character so I decided it was pointless to keep it, so I create a game with passing name and within like 10 seconds 6 sorcs and 1 zon join in. So one ask for trade and everyone knows but me:

rule # 2: you can use the trade screen to trade these things

Obviusly with so many sorcs is kind of pointless. Any advice on how to trade this thing?

2. Deadbolt13

Deadbolt13 IncGamers Member

Very carefully... sorry, no ideas.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

The popular way to trade these things is to have both of you stand back from each other until you are nearly off-screen; then you both drop items simulataniously and then walk to each other's drop site.

Of course it's easy as crap to get scammed this way, but if you reeeeeeally want to trade an item that can't be placed in the trade screen then this is just about your only recourse.

In another thread somewhere today, somebody mentioned you can post it on the BNet trading boards and have a trusted moderator make the exchange. Might want to look into that.

4. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Ah! sounds like an idea (the Bnet trading boards).

5. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

that is a very good idea but if you cant get anyone just see if anyone needs it on these forums, but make sure they are high posters to make sure you can trust them.

as someone has said before (cant remember who sorry) "many an anihilus (same non tradeable situation as gheeds) trade has gone on between forum members and not one scamming"

Definately NEVER try to trade it on the realm as you will almost certainly get scammed. i got scammed to the tune of an um rune once in an anihilus trade. ah well i just said "lol its only an um" and left. It was non ladder too so it really was no biggie.