Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: Trader feedback HOWTO

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kanonfutter, May 19, 2008.

1. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

Help: Trader feedback HOWTO

I know this might be pretty moronic, but I have real problems figuring how to leave feedback. More specifically, I cannot seem to locate other peoples trading profile, as once I get that far, it is no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kanonfutter

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Help: Trader feedback HOWTO

The one sure-fire method that I use is to search the SPTF (or any trade forums :p) for posts by that user. It only works for threads in the trade forums.

Then, go to the post(s) within a trade-thread, and they'll have the rating there in their "personal info" (alongside their avatar, join date, location, and post count). You can simply click on the number of trades they've been rated for, and voila...

And actually, they should've posted somewhere within the thread you're wanting to leave feedback for... so you just need to find their posts within that thread without searching the whole forum (in fact, I believe the rules state that you should ONLY leave feedback for trades conducted openly within the trade forums here. Trades conducted "elsewhere" aren't within the realm of the forum, and should not result in feedback.)

3. kanonfutter

Sorry, but I don't see that in my listing. Here is a screenshot of a post in the trade thread in question (yes, I am aware that ratings only are for trades via forum):

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/kanonfutter/tradepost.jpg

It shows up like this both in Firefox and IE. I am using WinXP and Windowblinds, but that should not affect http.

Do you have other suggestions? It seems horribly impolite always to wait until the other party has given you feedback.

4. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Ah. It's because of the forum layout you chose. The standard one (and possibly some others) has a little link to the corresponding trader rating page.

[EDIT]

Hmm. Here's a temporary solution for you, if you don't care for the default forum layout.

View the user's profile. The link should be something like this: http://forums.diabloii.net/member.php?u=161325. I used your profile as an example. Note the number 161325. This number is different for every member. Clicking on "View Rating/Profile" leads you to the following page: http://forums.diabloii.net/itrader.php?u=. If you put the member number, 161325 in your case, after "u=", it will lead you to the appropriate trader rating page. Hope that helps.

[/EDIT]

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  5. kanonfutter

Ah, thanks. I really don't care for the red and brown layout, so I'll use the workaround.

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Be careful doing it that way.

The View Trade Profile link on the profile page is broken. I put up a sticky the other week. If you click on that, it will take you to YOUR OWN feedback page.

Please ensure you use the trade post as the deal URL because otherwise we can't track the trade. PM for any further help.

7. kanonfutter

I dont even get the link on the profile, but if I:

1. First view standard profile of the trader I want to give feedback
    2. Then copy the number at the end of the URL
    3. View my own trading profile via the menu bar at the top of the page
    4. Paste the other traders profile number instead of my own in the URL

I am ending up in the right place. Of course, when I am using a workaround, I check whether I am in the right place before I give feedback.

8. Machtu

Machtu IncGamers Member

Thanks for the topic and help. I was stuck in the same spot. Kanon's steps 1-4 work perfectly for me