Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: To max or not to max? (MB)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Svalin, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Help: To max or not to max? (MB)

A couple of questions...

Should I max Mind Blast for my Ghostsin (WW only attack)?

1. I am planning to stun with a level 5(after+skills) Wake of fire. Will this work or do I need higher damage?

2. If I max mindblast do I only have to cast it once every 10+ seconds to get them into ' lock'?

3. Is Mind Blast capped at level 41? If I put more points into it in my skill calculator it doesnt icrease its duration. (10 seconds)

I hope someone can answer these rather hard questions.
    Thanks in advance,

Svalin

2. Bune

Bune IncGamers Member

1. WoF will stun just fine at level 5, even at level 1. I believe this only changes when someone is sorbing.

2. No you need to constantly reinforce MB as first of all the swirlies go through PvP reduction i believe so it's not that long, as well as it just stuns them better with more attacks flying there way, lay 2 traps, MB, lay 2 traps, MB, ww, repeat etc

3. Good question, the damage will still increase on MB though so it wouldn't be a pure waste even if the duration didn't go up.

3. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Thanks Pure-MX, that cleared alot up. If someone could help me with the following last questions that would be great:

1. Should I put one point into lightning sentry too? (Shoots faster after I lay them down, yes?)

2. Anyone knows the exact pvp reduction of Mind BLast (If it's 1/8th like damage that would be rather bad!).

3. Again, about the duration? Is it capped at level 41?

Back to college now :grin:

4. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

1. In fact, Wake of Fire will stun even if it does no damage at all. Anything that HITs an opponent while they have a swirly over their head stuns them. You can stun an opponent who is healing off your strikes with Wake. I think it's because damage to absorb is applied 1st, and then the healing. I'm not 100% sure whether it is the hit, or just the fact that there is always a little damage before healing. The way to test this would be with MDR, to negate the Wake completely and see what happens.

Oh, and to answer the second question, yes you should get a point in LS, it stuns certain things better (paladins) and does shoot faster when laid.

2. Mind Blast does horrible damage in PvP. It's not a damage skill, you can only kill with it if they have < 200 life or so.

3. I won't comment on this because I've never had a sin with MB over lvl 40.

5. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Reply from the man himself.:smiley:
    Well i jsut did some singleplayer testing and indeed after level 41 the duration doesnt increase. About PvP I wasnt talking about the damage, but the duration, if its also reduced 1/8th like the damage. After some test that swirl stay there for a long time afterall.
    Thanks,
    Svalin