Help Thread - Request or Give Some Help Here Only

Slipfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help Thread - Request or Give Some Help Here Only

Guys, need some advise.

Got a hoz and Im thinking of getting it socketed. Im choosing between Pdiamond nad Um.

Is it worth it to put um or just go with the Pdiamond?

Pdiamond gives 19 resist all while um gives 22 resist all(I think) so is the +3 resist of um really worth it?

Thanks

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member

It depends on a few things:
obviously your wealth and if you actually need the extra 3 res. I've found that if i Um the HoZ i can generally then get a cheaper lower resistance Maras. From your other thread you are short on the resists so i'd certainly consider Um'ing the HoZ. But if there are a few other upgrades that you need and are low on funds i'd put a PDia in the HoZ for now and use the Um to buy some other upgrade. You can always use a Hel rune to remove the PDia and put an Um in the HoZ at a later date when you are a little richer.

Either that, or if you're really short on resists, Um your Shako and PDia the HoZ.

KaptTorbjorn

Diabloii.Net Member

Anyone want to help a newbie paladin with some half decent items they may have lying around and are willing to part with for free? I'm building a Frost-Zealot, since it looks like a good build that isn't too complicated for me.

I just got the expansion (I played d2 classic back in 2002, for a month or so), and I'm going through Act 1 okay so far, but from what I've been reading it seems like I'm going to get absolutely massacured in Hell.

I'm playing on USEast, as KaptTorbjorn. Currently I'm level 10, but I don't mind having a decent item waiting in my stash until I can weild it.

Seeing as this is the help thread, I have an actual question as well.

Is it normal to have bots join in a game every 10 minutes, spam a website, then leave? How do I ignore this stuff? /ignore name doesn't seem to work because it says they're offline.
And, would putting a password on a game, but listing the password in the game title stop bots from joining (since they're automated, yes?)
So, game would be like:
Game name: Act 1 Password: Hello
Password: Hello

Also, first post :)

Last edited:

amon ra

Diabloii.Net Member

i've got 2 socketed crown of ages. what is the best way to use this sockets? im zealot. thnx

Elyxthaxzus

Diabloii.Net Member

@ hades_83 : stick with the redeemer, it just has far too many beneficial stats to give up. the +damage on the Redeemer works for your smites, something the axe doesn't have. it also has + skills, extra damage to demons and undead (that doesn't show up on your character screen), and -enemy def to boot. it's putting out far more then your C-screen is showing.

@ amon ra : its flexible. the beauty of helm sockets is they can fill in the weak spots for your other gear. Not hitting the last breakpoint for zeal? add an IAS jewel. need resists? add an UM. if your resists are fine and your hitting fast enough, then enhanced damage jewels is a good boost. those are all 3 solid options for helm slots.

Meskaline

Diabloii.Net Member

Warning: Serious Business

Wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together an Uber team to farm key sets & etc for giveaways here on the forums. of course this isn't something that will take off over night. If you are interested & want more info shoot me a PM!

amon ra

Diabloii.Net Member

hi there!!!
i got really important question about weapon choice for standard zealer (20 in zeal, sacrifice and fanaticism). soon i'll be able to make BOTD rune word but i can't decide on what. some say berserker axe, some say phase blade. the thing is that berserker axe is normal attack speed and with BOTD rune word it becomes very fast but i dont know am i going to be hitting max frames. while phase blade is already very fast attack speed and i'm pretty sure that i will hit max frames if i choose it. only item that i use with additional ias are gloves (laying of hands).
so... axe or blade?

Last edited:

Elyxthaxzus

Diabloii.Net Member

either one will work Amon. I'd go with the zerker. IIRC it's either at max frame or 1 beneath. phase blade speed is overkill with BotD. both will be indestructible, so probably choose which one you like the looks of best. I'm not fond of the look of phase blades, so I'd go zerker. Higher base damage.

Edit - according to teh german speed calculator , both hit maxe speed with BotD, go zerker.

Last edited:

amon ra

Diabloii.Net Member

either one will work Amon. I'd go with the zerker. IIRC it's either at max frame or 1 beneath. phase blade speed is overkill with BotD. both will be indestructible, so probably choose which one you like the looks of best. I'm not fond of the look of phase blades, so I'd go zerker. Higher base damage.

Edit - according to teh german speed calculator , both hit maxe speed with BotD, go zerker.
thanx pal :thumbup:

Trionth

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think it would be appropriate to post my question with deatils in its entirety, but thought I should mention it on the "help" thread. I'm new to Diablo and need advice setting up my build. If you could check my thread and help me there, I would appreciate it.

Here's the link: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774601

Doc Funk

Diabloii.Net Member

hey everyone, i got the diablo clone in a game for the first time and i need help killing him, if anyone could help me with him i'd greatly appreciate it, the game is: ahah//ah

thanks!!

MartinLong

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd like some insight to which socketed gear to be picking up for a Hdin. I have loads saved up, but I'm not sure which are worth of keeping

Sacred Targe for Spirit
Breast Plate for Enigma
Flail (?) for Hoto
Phase Blade for Cta

Merc:
Colossus Volgue for Infinity
Archon Plate for some runeword

I've found a phase blade that I can use after I obtain the right runes, but the rest of the gear I'm still looking for, or unsure that it's the proper gear.

Also, with the socketing recipe, are you able to re-roll socket attempts? I had a CV that I socketed, but it only ended up getting 1os.

jimmycoleslaw

Diabloii.Net Member

been out of the D2 loop for a while and I am looking for any builds for a vengeance pally. Thanks

therestless

Diabloii.Net Member

So I traded for Griswolds shield and 4os weapon, and of course 3 hours later HoZ drops... I'll still be using the caduceus as it beats out the Aldur's Rhythm I was using but I don't know what to put in it. I'll probably be using this until I get Grief and a good weapon for it, which could be a while.

Level 80, fana/zealot. Peasant Crown, Guardian Angel (point in Salvation for messy spots), HoZ, Seraph's, Raven Frost, Goblin Toe, and Sigon's Gloves/Belt.

My first thought is just to Shael it up, as my only IAS is 36 (fanatacism) and 30 (sigon's) and I'm desperately trying to get rid of sigon's. Another thought was Sols (+9 min damage) which brings up the question, what happens when you bring the min damage up past the max damage? Base damage displayed on weapon being 124-144.

Edit: Still feel like I'm doing ****ty damage and now I'm don't have near as much leech...

Last edited:

agpen

Diabloii.Net Member

I found a 4os Divine Scepter with +2 Holy Shock and another +2 and +1 I can't recall. Should I throw Holy Thunder in this or will the repair costs destroy me?

galtzaiLe

Diabloii.Net Member

Quick question: for a fana-zealot, which mercenary is better? Might or Defiance?

My Zealot is using Death Eth BE with Fortitude AP. Of course, it doesn't have Exile.

Shauku

Diabloii.Net Member

Quick question: for a fana-zealot, which mercenary is better? Might or Defiance?

My Zealot is using Death Eth BE with Fortitude AP. Of course, it doesn't have Exile.
i know this is over a month old but with a zealot you don't really need a merc. when i had one it was either holy freeze to slow down attackers, or a defiance merc.

Kelkjo

Diabloii.Net Member

This is a sticky so this isn't bumping, right?
Does anyone know where I can find a Paladin build guide that is as good as the Fishymancer guide? Cause I am not a rich player with 15 level 99's, and I just wanna play through the game. I just need a guide that shows Skill progression mainly, and will help out little old nooby me.