Help Thread - Request or Give Some Help Here Only

Azuth

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help Thread - Request or Give Some Help Here Only

Hi there guys, I'm on USWEST ladder and am having a bit of trouble.

I'm so poor a shael rune is expensive to me, what should I farm for some wealth?

I my fire resist is really bad and I get slaughtered by gloams/souls so I'm not sure I can manage baal.

I've done all my skill point quests, working on the resist quests currently and have finished hell difficulty with a group.

My gear is, a spirit dimensional blade, spirit sacred targe, lore bone helm, vipermagi, venom grips, nightsmoke belt, ammy with 15 resist all, mandal heal, and a ring with 30 resist to cold.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

kriptiks

Diabloii.Net Member

shouldve made a sorc so you can mf. haha.

if i were you, i would just do baal runs, try to grab some items, and then keep trying to mf.

scottydoubleohsix

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there guys, I'm on USWEST ladder and am having a bit of trouble.

I'm so poor a shael rune is expensive to me, what should I farm for some wealth?

I my fire resist is really bad and I get slaughtered by gloams/souls so I'm not sure I can manage baal.

I've done all my skill point quests, working on the resist quests currently and have finished hell difficulty with a group.

My gear is, a spirit dimensional blade, spirit sacred targe, lore bone helm, vipermagi, venom grips, nightsmoke belt, ammy with 15 resist all, mandal heal, and a ring with 30 resist to cold.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
I wouldn't bother trying baal until you get some better gear mainly nigma so you can tele around and can hit the burning souls that much faster. Sounds like you have a hammerdin so you should have lvl 20 vigor just slap that on and run around the durance looking for meph and dont even try to kill. By the end you should have about 50 undead stygians hot on your tail but you'll be able to outrun them:thumbup: and then just farm meph for items.

gollum

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there guys, I'm on USSoftCoreL and I got a question. I been doing research on dclone hunting. I kinda know the basics about it. Like how to know what server u r on. And that sojs being sold brings him. I been in 2 games where it says ___ sojs were sold blah blah. And I jump up and down and scream yes i got my strong pally in the game. I can take him and get me an anni. Then I ask my friends to come into my game for back up help. And they come in my game and laugh at me. I am in a normal or nightmare game. errrr. so now i gotta remake game into hell. And now the message stops. how do i go about dclone hunting? plz let me know. Also another question. Game channels for chaos or baal runs. does anyone know of any? I know of 2 and 1 the bots froze and the other one they havn't been in since sun or mon.

thx for the help

kriptiks

Diabloii.Net Member

/j op baals /j op echaos

and if you see in the soj message in a nm/norml game, you go to run>regedit>cmd>netstat -n and then look for the ip that is xx.xxx.xxx.xx:4000. the 2/3 x's in front of the 4000 is the server ip that people are selling on. then you have to make HELL games (he only comes in hell) and try to get that ip. i believe there is 160 different IPs and so it is all a crap shoot. a 1/160 crap shoot. not v easy.

gollum

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks very much for the help and advice. i just have 1 more question. i got lvl ** hdin and lvl 72 1pt smiter. my ** has 1 pt smite too. and he has HoZ. with great fcr n fhr. which is better for key finding, getting organs, and ubers...?

again thanks a billion times for the help. see ya in the game

look for my chars mf____________ that my chars. mf then name

Strucken

Diabloii.Net Member

I've started a Hammerdin a few weeks back and I don't seem to be doing any decent job at all with it.

I think it's because of my equipment is the reason because this was supposed to be mymain. (just started playing)

Wondering if there is some inspiration to have me keep moving forward, cause by now I'm starting to look at other classes.

sheevaskunk

Diabloii.Net Member

hi guys can u help me out with a good dragon paladin build?
thank you

sixzerotwo

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys, I'm just about ready to run my first Uber Tristram run tonight, but I'm still missing 1 valuable piece of equipment - Metalgrid amulet. I cleared out all my mules just to get enough for my gear and 3 keysets, so I'm kind of in a money crisis. All I have are 2 Ko runes. Could anyone hook me up with a Metalgrid for the 2 Ko's?

Edit: I totally forgot to leave my contact information. USWest Realm, Softcore, Username "sixzerotwo". Thanks for any help in advanced.

Last edited:

Kilraen

Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure if Single Player questions should come in here, but here goes. /players command doesn't increase the exp I get from monsters. What's wrong? I'm using PlugY 8.00, version 1.11b LOD.

mumriken

Diabloii.Net Member

Okay, decided to make a smiter, nothing wrong so far. Made my runewords for the smiter, a forti ap, grief(became 365) and an exile. Nothing wrong here, but.. My damage?
According to the 1pt smiter-guide, my dmg should be around 4-5k, but in my character menu, it says my damage with zeal is 809-1089, and my smite dmg is 530-1171. What the hell? Is this normal, or is there something seriously wrong with my char/equip? Every runeword is made by me, i maxed Fanaticism, zeal, sacrifice, and put one point in smite.

Another question, where do i se my chance to block? :p

porra

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with my pala

I need help with my pala hammer

I use:

shako, eni, hoto, cta, zaka, maras, arach, magefist,war traveller, 2 soj, pala spirit (just to bo), anni, torch and gheeds. I don't have skill charms (offensive, defensive, combat).

My damage is good but why do i keep loosing so much life while other palas don't?

Btw i'm not using a merc atm but i'm thinking about a 3act merc to use azurewrath and other stuff i don't know yet.

Thanks in advance.

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

I am giving this for free on USEast Ladder, send me a PM if you want it:

Sacred Targe of Deflecting
lvl req 47
str req 86

150 defense
30% faster block rate
20% increased chance of blocking
36% resist all

Nothing extraordinary, but it's kinda decent.

PRODNUTS

Diabloii.Net Member

I need some advice please!

So im starting Diablo 2 again, and my first char to begin is a hammerdin. So far Im at lvl 40, and have not touched any stat points. ive maxed blessed aim, have 12 in hammers, and will be maxing vigor and concentration.

What I need to know is can i use my stat points yet? I dont have any gear that I will be using, so I'll be getting that from scratch. Im just thinking of using my stat points now and maybe getting 70 str, and dump the rest in vitality so I can use some armor and weps and have better strength. Is that ok?

Thanks!

Slipfoot

Diabloii.Net Member

Could use some advise.

Just started making a Hammer Pal. His level 14 atm.

Could someone advise me on how to distribute stat points?

I've read the Hammerdin guides but what I would like to know is how do you distribute your stat points? 2 to str, 1 to dex, rest to vit? or is it 1 to str, 2 to dex, rest vit? could use some advise as this is my first time making a hammerdin. Also do i need fanatiscm? I know it says in the guide that you dont need it since your a hammerdin but if I put a point in it is it recommended? Reason being is I would like to have a secondary attack (that has good dmg) and not only use blessed hammer.

thanks

-Slip

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member

Strength wise, it depends on your end game gear slip, if you are able to give him an enigma, then you want to spend 0 in str and use charms / items to let you equip items until you hit level 65 for enigma.
If an Engima is never going to happen, then it's str for gear and dex for max block and vita the rest.

Dexterity will depend on +skills, level of holy shield and end game shield, there is a chance to block formula in one (or probably more than one) of the guides.

vita everything you can spare

Basically the better you can plan your gear, the better you can spend the stat points. If you are unsure what items / charms your hdin will use end game then there will probably be some inefficient use of stat points.

Most hdins will want an enigma whenever that is affordable, so base str, dex for max block and vita the rest is the way to go.
If this is your first char, then the chances are you'll need to be inefficient with str (and maybe dex) and then either cope with the inefficiency or remake once you can afford enigma / hoz.

Unless you plan on attempting the ubers on your hdin you simply doesn't need a 2ndary attack ever (assuming your merc will kill the Magic Immune Beasts in act 2 or 3 - whereever they spawn).

BH will kill everything else. BH will kill Magic Immune Undead & Demons, so it's just the beasts in act2 and act3 (i think) that may cause you issues, tho these can usually be skipped or killed by the merc.

xblazer

Diabloii.Net Member

I have a question about the resist skills, if they actually increase your maximum resist for a specific element, cause I maxed resist lightning but did not receive the maximum lightning bonus. Using skill all gear to max the lite resist if that helps. Also are avengers any good at pvm or should i go for zealer.

Last edited:

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member

The resist skills:

This skill has a hidden bonus to max resistance. It does not display on the skill itself (for space reasons) but it will display on your character screen. For each point in the skill you, and your nearby party members and pets, will receive +1% to maximum resist. This is capped at 95%. The Paladin also receives half of the +max resistance bonus (rounded down) when the skill is not active. So with 20 points in the skill you will get +10 to maximum resistance when the skill is off. You get no passive resistance to your actual resist but just to your maximum resist. Items that give bonuses to skills do not increase the passive bonus.
and both builds are good at PvM.