Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: Sorc Build

Discussion in 'Classic' started by NubKing, May 20, 2008.

1. NubKing

NubKing IncGamers Member

Help: Sorc Build

Ive been playing classic on east for 3 weeks, Ive only got an LLD. I want to build a Sorc, but idk what to make. For Pvp Mostly. Should I make Blizz, orb or I've seen an iceblast sorc that was Really good but he said that his build was on ebay. So I just laughed. Anyway Could someone suggest me a build, btw I've seen the builds on here. I don't see anything special on em.

Thx For helping.

-Complete

2. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

Re: Help: Sorc Build

hmm, what kinda pvp sorc do u want?

LLD or MLD or HLD pvp sorc?

in hell difficulty a sorc does better cuz of the resist penalty.

if u do elemental skills, they can stack resists against your 1 (main) element or if u do duel or tri element they can still get above 75 resists to all, at least in normal difficulty.

probably the best is either fire (FCR fireball or high fire damage) or cold (orb/bliz/ice blast but with maxed cold mast)(u could try to make a FCR iceblast sorc like a FCR fireball sorc. never seen anyone talk about this, maybe it work well). best way to counter their resists against u. for cold, cold mast lowers cold resist for your orb/bliz/ice blast. for fire, fire skills can get huge damage which allows u to still do damage despite their resists cuz u do so much damage with fire.

sorcs have pvp pretty rough unless the person doesn't know to have resists against u, cuz sorcs usually use their elemental spell skills.

maybe u could try to make a (non-enchant as they will probably have fire resist thinking u have a fireball sorc) melee high defensive sorc but i dont know if this is possible to balance all its gear needs to hold its own in a duel against more melee oriented characters like barb or paladins.

i don't think lit (lightning) works though. but maybe.

i dont know much about dueling, though.

there are others who know much more about pvp than i do, so i'd listen to them much more than what i posted here.

3. NubKing

NubKing IncGamers Member

Thx for helping I don't think a sorc can be melee, or idk why you would make that lol.
    Im probably gonna go with the FB sorc(HLD). since everyone is Cold. But Idk about what you said (Fire, Cold) Id be suprised if it worked. So Im just gonna stack in one element.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  4. barty

barty IncGamers Member

you can get 1k+ blast with, as a maxed synergy with blizzard. with alot of fcr u can shoot comparable to fball but it wont do nearly as much dmg. if u want a cool sorc build try making a lightning sorc. problem with that is u need as much fcr as possible[sacrificing alot of res/life gear] to be viable really. it has low bottom end dmg but the high end is tremendous. its funny getting hit with lightning for like 100 dmg then thinking "well i can tank this" then getting hit for like 10x the dmg on the next hit. ow, its a shocker :) 6 k dmg with syns and max light mast, like lvl 90[ lvl 1 tele] to finish for full dmg [ 6 k with no +skills btw] and it also able to be cast repeatedly, very very fast attack, faster than most spells, i beleive. with +9 skills, [ +2 staff +3 lightning+2 ammy +2 rings +1 armor +1 helm ] u can get 16-17,000+ DMG top end :) theres an eye opener.