Help setting HotKeys

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
Help setting HotKeys

Ive decided that the 8 function keys are not enough to assign all the skills i use for my necromancer. So far it looks like this
F1 Amp
F2 CE
F3 decrepify
F4 Bonearmor

F5 Raise Skeleton
F6 teleport
F7 Clay Golem
F8 TP

I managed to assign my "A" key to lower res and that stays from game to game. However i want to assign bonewall , raise mage and revive and when i set them in the config window it wont stay once i leave that game. Any idea of what i am doing wrong?

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i did a little more testing and was able to set the keys and have them stay. Only thing i could nt get to stay was charges of oak Sage so i m guessing you cant asign charges

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes you can. My Sorc has a Lower Resist wand on switch set to F5. Just make sure you don't take the item with the charges off.

AnubisXy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, first step, stop using function keys for skills. There simply isn't enough of them. My setup is as follows.

Skill hotkeys
qwerty
asdfgh
zxcvb

q=bone armor
w=raise skelly
e=raise mage
r=revive
t=clay golem
y=fire golem

a=bone prison
s=CE
d=Decrep
f=Lower resist
g=meteor (trangs^^)
h=fire wall(trangs^^)

z=town portal
x=amp
c=dim vision
v=confuse (versitile I use it for different things from time to time)

Weapon switch is 5, and I have teleport set on the item there. Of course you'll pretty much need to remap all kinds of other things too if you use this setup, but believe me after you get used to this setup I don't think you'll ever want to use function keys again. Good luck.

probo24

Diabloii.Net Member
Summoner setup:
F=clay golem
G=Revive
H=bone armor
J=attract
K=confuse
L=Decrep
.(period)=amp
:=terror
Y=RS
U=RSM
O=Bonewall
P=TP
Switch weapons are +6 to ce.I keep that spell for the switch
All builds use the basic F-: keys for skills, P key is always tp.1st belt slot Always holds my tps
The only "F Keys" I use is for Left side Missle attacks I.E. Teeth, Spear, Spirit

Vilencia

Diabloii.Net Member
AnubisXy said:
Ok, first step, stop using function keys for skills. There simply isn't enough of them. My setup is as follows.

Skill hotkeys
qwerty
asdfgh
zxcvb

q=bone armor
w=raise skelly
e=raise mage
r=revive
t=clay golem
y=fire golem

a=bone prison
s=CE
d=Decrep
f=Lower resist
g=meteor (trangs^^)
h=fire wall(trangs^^)

z=town portal
x=amp
c=dim vision
v=confuse (versitile I use it for different things from time to time)

Weapon switch is 5, and I have teleport set on the item there. Of course you'll pretty much need to remap all kinds of other things too if you use this setup, but believe me after you get used to this setup I don't think you'll ever want to use function keys again. Good luck.
It really depends on what you find easiest. Personally being we are going with necros... mine uses follow:
f1-spear
f2-spirit
f3-prison
f4-wall
f5-armor
f6-lower resist
f7-decrep
f8-corpse explosion
f9-teeth
f10- nothing
f11-nothing
f12-Tp tome
This setup works for my bone necro pretty well covering all the skills I ever use. You can enable f9-f12 by going into configure controls and setting skills 9-12 to the appropriate f#. If 12 isnt enough then go with the other ideas.

Angel_of_Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
I used to use the F1-F12 hotkey setup. I found it hard to hold ALT while managing skills (like sorc or necro) so I missed all the good itams. (this was before 'grabit', thats a different story)
I use 123456/qwert/asaf/zxcv combo with F1-F4 for pots and F5-F8 for functions like skill/stat trees.
1-6 being used for skills/auras/curses that regularily get switched up. qwert is for fighting skills like WW or Zeal, etc. asaf is for timed/'one cast' skills like BO or bonearmor. V is always for TP.

Works good now and I can hold down ALT the whole time! :thumbsup:
Nevar miss high itam now! Also I physically remove the Windows key...