Help Reformatting

LuckyMe

Diabloii.Net Member
Help Reformatting

Hey guys

I have to reformat my desktop computer since its been going pretty haywire recently. I was just wondering if you could point me to a good guide as to how to do (or give me one yourselves). The ones that I have been looking up have been pretty confusing

Also, I don't have the XP CD to boot from. Is there any way around this? Can I d/l from somewhere or do I have to buy/borrow it from a friend.

Thanks in advance.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help Reformatting

If you don't have the XP CD then how will you be installing it? Other partition?

Mcwhopper

Diabloii.Net Member

Installing XP from a partition sucks, you can lend a copy from a friend or what not, if you own a copy and they wont give you the actual cd (cheap ****s) , you should be entitled to do what you need to do in order to get the stuff working.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member

Make sure you copy the files that tell XP it's a registered install.

After install you put those files back in place and XP doesn't have to reregister.
I have a page that talks about it bookmarked at home.

LuckyMe

Diabloii.Net Member

I haven't done it yet as I don't have a CD from a friend. I considered d/ling the iso..however I don't trust online torrents.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

They're not that bad, especially if it's something that pretty much everyone needs to download at some point. There's a lot more isos out there than people who have the time to kill making malware.