HELP: Realm Down

Spector

Diabloii.Net Member
HELP: Realm Down

Hey guys, why do I get these Realm Down errors so much, It happens alot sometimes I play for 3 hrs and get it-- Cant log on for like a hour, sometimes I can go all day without then sometimes SOON as I get back on it happens again...

THey always take 30 minutes to a hour and half to come back up?

There must be something wrong or way to fix it..

Input please!

(Oh it happens on all characters i could be doing anything, cow runs, trist runs, anything)

Gorny

Banned
Don't double post like that ( one right after the other with no ope else's post inbetween.

That is bumping and will likely result in your thread being closed.

You may want to read over the community forum rule thread stickied above.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
blizz has an auto scanner thing that detects how long you stay in a game and how often you switch chars and join new games.

if you switch chars or join too many games in a given amount of time, blizz thinks you are botting, and gives you a temp ip ban. it can last up to 48 hours. if you keep on trying to long on, it will last longer.

dumb.. i know.

djIgneo

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure the temp ban is if you create or join games too quickly. Realm Down certainly is the symptom of it, and it does last 1 hour. Just make sure you don't make/enter more than 12 games in quick succession, as that's the number that seems to be magical for me.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
blizz has an auto scanner thing that detects how long you stay in a game and how often you switch chars and join new games.

if you switch chars or join too many games in a given amount of time, blizz thinks you are botting, and gives you a temp ip ban. it can last up to 48 hours. if you keep on trying to long on, it will last longer.

dumb.. i know.
Personally, I'd rather this, than the alternative of long game queues.

sjw7

Diabloii.Net Member
One way to get round it is to have multiple IP addresses on your internet account. That way if you get a realm down you just switch to the other IP and you will be able to connect again.

It might cost you a little extra a month to your ISP but its worth it when you are unable to play for a couple of days.

djIgneo

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never been banned for more than an hour. Multiple IP's sounds like a waste of money to me.