Help :: *POSSIBLE* Magical Claw - Shopping

Muad'Dib

Diabloii.Net Member
Help :: *POSSIBLE* Magical Claw - Shopping

Eventhough Bartucs are quite nice, I rather have a Magical or Rare Claw for my Trapsin. What I am hoping for is Porbably a Magical Claw(Using the socket quest 1-2 Sockets - Socket with Shael Shael) with these following mods.

+3Trap +2(3?) Light Sentry
Or
+2 Assn Skill +2(3?) Light Sentry
Or
40Ias +2 Assn Skill // +3traps

I wonder if these mods are possible on 1 claw, and shopped @ Anya.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
it is possible for both, but the chance to get that, and the randome L.S is prety rare...

Muad'Dib

Diabloii.Net Member
Mecal said:
it is possible for both, but the chance to get that, and the randome L.S is prety rare...

Since LS have nothing to do with the prefix or suffix (?)

I would be able to get a

+3Trap +2(3?) Light Sentry +40IAS ?
Or
+2 Assn Skill +2(3?) Light Sentry +40IAS ?

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
My friend Stephan has +3 traps +2 Lightning Sentry claws. He just muled em like 20 minutes ago, I was amazed. :) So they exist.

Lucky

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
The trap-laying speed gained from a little ias is not really worth the effort. I mean do you really need to be able to put them down that quickly to be effective? I think the biggest bonus you can get to a single trap is +3 though with bonuses to up to 3 different individual skills -- just like wands/orbs/scepters -- so I guess it's possible to get something like +3 traps +3 LS +3 DS +3 FB 40%ias. I doubt anything like this as ever spawned however.

BobDeGod

Diabloii.Net Member
Not really relevant but...

I noticed a Golemlords Grim Wand of Ages for sale and had to buy it:

+3 Summoning Skills
+3 Golem Mastery
+3 Iron Golem
Indestructible

I'll never use it but it was one of those 'perfect' magical items for a certain skill (that's Iron Golem, if you hadn't worked it out :) ).

BobDaGod

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
I think 2/3/3/3 is possible +2 all then 3/3/3 indiviual skills. The Ias is simply a bonus as I have no IAS and dant have any issues setting traps fast enuff. If you want to sped shaels go for it, but personally I would rather have some Rainbow Facets and the low end cheaper ons do jsut fine!

You can try cubing these, shopping or finding. I just pick up every claw i see and Id it and look at grey an dwhite ones also.

Anya and Laz are where I shops and I have seen sevear dual skilled claws but none for traps yet, and most are very high req more towards a MA Sin. You are welcome to drive yourself nuts trying to cube them but I will continue to leasurly shop and use my (2) +3 Trap claps and be happy until I find better and jsut be happier!

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
BTW, if you are so lucky to cube or shop a +2/3 Skill/LS please dont roll it again! +to DS, or other trap skills arent going to do much for the overall effect of your sin. DS is simply only really usefull as a synergy and for its CE and +3 to DS wont really do much in that asspect.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
don't use rainbow facets!

I thought rainbow facets didn't work with traps? The game considers a trap to be a "minion," and iirc the rainbow facet effect should only apply to your character's attacks, not minion attacks. Could someone verify?

But as you suggested, adding IAS for a trapper is a waste of time. You just don't need it.

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if so I would like to know! Oh well the damn thing was wasting away on a mule anyway and its only 3/3 so WTF! It looks purtty and if she dies it will be a nasty exposion!

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya, Facets don't work for Traps. Also just a note when shopping and IDing claws... inherent individual skill bonuses can only spawn on exceptional and elite claws while +3 all Traps can only spawn on magical claws. So never waste your PSkulls on a normal claw for your Trapasin.

clsurfer

Diabloii.Net Member
Inherent skills can spawn on scissor's katar (a normal item), I am still trying to score a 2 socket +3 dragon talon scissor's katar for the five kick cycle ;)

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
clsurfer said:
Inherent skills can spawn on scissor's katar (a normal item), I am still trying to score a 2 socket +3 dragon talon scissor's katar for the five kick cycle ;)
Post a screenshot if you've got one, because according to the MPQs this is not true..